Home Egret Boats

Action Craft owners vs. Egret owners tournament

cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
Wouldn't this be fun?

Replies

• Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Not for them
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado
  • cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Just do this it's actually better. Next time you running back to the ramp on a snotty day. Pass them far enough away so they see that the boat is an Egret, and wave.

I remember showing up on a wreck out in the gulf outside of Everglades National Park and there would be a boat there with guys in rainsuits. I would ask them it it was going to rain cause I can put on my rain coat?
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    This would be epic. We could call it the special Olympics for boats. Action Craft gets a chance to compete with real boats.

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?163526-Egret-owners-vs-Action-Craft-owners-tournament#ixzz38gEgL6lM
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Frank your as bad as me! NO FILTER...Just it is what it is. We need a fishing trip with Bad Behavior. All the trash talk. I can see it now!!!

Whats really funny is I use to tell the Egret customers that if they want to sea trail another boat to tell me when and where an I would meet them at the ramp so they could compare side by side. One guy at Ocean Reef did that with Mike and Mike ate his lunch.
  • polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    This thread is too funny. And we wonder why Egret owners have a sorority girl reputation. I'll say this as the owner of two Action Crafts, Three Maverick boats and 2 Egrets: I had great times on them all and caught a schitload of fish out of each. As far as fit and finish, the ACs were outstanding; of course, ultimately I prefer the Egret for my style of fishing. Goes without saying, but the Captain and crew mean far more than the boat any day. Frankly, while most Egret owners are in here comparing wax stories, who has the best looking trailer, where to get a good manicure, etc, the Action Craft owners are probably out fishing... rain gear or not.

PS:
    I have watched Ron Houston kick the entire fields A$$ out of a G3 with a 70hp during the Backwater Classic several years ago.

PPS:
    Does anybody know if it is better to wash my boat with water from a softener or R.O.?
    This thread is too funny. And we wonder why Egret owners have a sorority girl reputation. I'll say this as the owner of two Action Crafts, Three Maverick boats and 2 Egrets: I had great times on them all and caught a schitload of fish out of each. As far as fit and finish, the ACs were outstanding; of course, ultimately I prefer the Egret for my style of fishing. Goes without saying, but the Captain and crew mean far more than the boat any day. Frankly, while most Egret owners are in here comparing wax stories, who has the best looking trailer, where to get a good manicure, etc, the Action Craft owners are probably out fishing... rain gear or not.

PS:
    I have watched Ron Houston kick the entire fields A$$ out of a G3 with a 70hp during the Backwater Classic several years ago.

PPS:
    Does anybody know if it is better to wash my boat with water from a softener or R.O.?

Dear Sir,
    A seasoned angler such as yourself with such vast knowledge of inferior vessles. Should know that the high society of Egret owners either plan the trip home from a fishing expiditions as be be conviently in the path of a rain storm on they way back to their villa. Or upon arriving a crew of bucket toting boat washers decend up such a beautiful vessal as an Egret to wash and shammy dry. Prior to carfully rolling it back into the garage! that is unless you happen to be a SOAP Dogger.!
    We have all learned if you see an aluminum boat at a tourney you better not bet against them
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer

PS:

PPS:

I have never seen a fish jump up and tell me "nice boat". That said I am pumped about my Egret build.:cool:

PS:

PPS:

We caught a 150 pound tarpon off my carolina skiff last w/ light tackle. 2:45 min fight. Many people have caught their first or personal bests on my boat, redfish, tarpon, cobia, snook, grouper, lobster, etc. But most of them got really wet from the boat ride in the process. Hence the Egret build. I also yearn for dry storage, oh how I long for it. And rod lockers...ooooh I think I need some time by myself.

:wink
    We caught a 150 pound tarpon off my carolina skiff last w/ light tackle. 2:45 min fight. Many people have caught their first or personal bests on my boat, redfish, tarpon, cobia, snook, grouper, lobster, etc. But most of them got really wet from the boat ride in the process. Hence the Egret build. I also yearn for dry storage, oh how I long for it. And rod lockers...ooooh I think I need some time by myself.

:wink

Your life is going to change. Pretty soon you will begin to believe what I'm telling you. I remember having to set stuff out to dry before I could put it away. I also remember, the little drops of water that would come off the rub rail and fly right into my sunglasses after every wave. When you put 14 to 16 rods in the rod lockers, you'll see that they fit. The last time I had wet feet was on a buddies boat,I was so pissed.

The one problem you have to watch out for in the Egret is you have room to take too much stuff. The good thing is that it's all out of the way.
    Pete Put me in this. He gave me my first demo ride on an Egret.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Pete Put me in this. He gave me my first demo ride on an Egret.

I already "drank the koolaid"! Egret can do no wrong!
    I have never seen a fish jump up and tell me "nice boat". That said I am pumped about my Egret build.:cool:

As you should be. For me, it has been the best flats boat I have been on or seen. If I ever buy another boat, it will be my third 18'9.

FWIW, I think I still have caught more snook of my 12' Jon boat from when I was a kid. Maybe time to fish had something to do with it (tongue firmly in cheek).
    This has been posted in the AC forum and there are members up to this.
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Why just ACs?

To keep the riff raff out! Lol :grin

PS:

PPS:

Fellas..... It's not when or where the party is.... It's how you look when you get there! I prefer being dry with what few locks of hair I have left being gently wind tufted as I step up on the champions platform.... Only in an Egret!!

Frank your as bad as me! NO FILTER...Just it is what it is. We need a fishing trip with Bad Behavior. All the trash talk. I can see it now!!!

Whats really funny is I use to tell the Egret customers that if they want to sea trail another boat to tell me when and where an I would meet them at the ramp so they could compare side by side. One guy at Ocean Reef did that with Mike and Mike ate his lunch.

If y'all are waitin' on me.... You're backing up!! My bird is hooked to the duramax now!!!

No Hewes allowed!
    If y'all are waitin' on me.... You're backing up!! My bird is hooked to the duramax now!!!

You know the saying "great minds think alike". I have a Duramax too. The other part of the saying is the saying is..."and Fools never vary".

We if we have shing-ding this Oct. at Duck Key we'll go wet a line. Just don't bring the fat chick from the home depot that wanted to get in your boat.:grin
    cairotrout wrote: »
    No Hewes allowed!

That's fine. ... The ole' Hewes is with a new family, still chugging along after 21years.

why not include L&Bs, Mavs, Youngs, dolphins, Sterlings, etc... ?? Or just fish a normal backwater tournament.
    That's fine. ... The ole' Hewes is with a new family, still chugging along after 21years.

why not include L&Bs, Mavs, Youngs, dolphins, Sterlings, etc... ?? Or just fish a normal backwater tournament.

C'mon Jason, if you open it up, it spoils the whole exclusivity thing.

As for me, If JBlocal comes, I'm in!
    C'mon Jason, if you open it up, it spoils the whole exclusivity thing.

As for me, If JBlocal comes, I'm in!

Whatever happened to JBloco, AKA War Child? He would be tough to top..... although the new cheerleading recruits are showing promise!
    Whatever happened to JBloco, AKA War Child? He we would be tough to top..... although the new cheerleading recruits are showing promise!

Lol. War child was run out of here a while back. He was very entertaining to me. Surprisingly he is a gentleman in person.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,317 Moderator
    My money is on the AC crowd.. BTW , they work pretty good in the sweet water also.
    Two wins , one 3rd and a second in as many tries.
    "You'll get your weather"
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Lol. War child was run out of here a while back. He was very entertaining to me. Surprisingly he is a gentleman in person.

He kept it interesting for sure! From what I heard, he was a good fisherman as well.
    What is to catch in Duck Key?
    You know the saying "great minds think alike". I have a Duramax too. The other part of the saying is the saying is..."and Fools never vary".

We if we have shing-ding this Oct. at Duck Key we'll go wet a line. Just don't bring the fat chick from the home depot that wanted to get in your boat.:grin

Bring the fat chick; I will accommodate her.