Home Photography Corner

Photo hosting web sites?

Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
12-13 years posting here on the Forum but first post ever in here! I feel so........ 'new'! :willynilly

Been using Photobucket for years and been very happy. Lately, it's become more cumbersome to upload, slower, etc. I did get a Win 8 new laptop last Fall so don't know if that's part of it.

I just downloaded their "Bulk Uploader" and when I selected an individual Folder to upload, it went and uploaded every **** photo on this lap top and not even in order! I had to turn the **** computer off to stop it!

I have very simple needs and only need a place to host my simple photos so that I can share them.

1) EASY to upload to the web site
2) EASY to organize
3) EASY to access
4) EASY to use/post on web sites like this one

Not against paying for a service......

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Of course you could just upload them straight from you computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Imgur.com

easy and can be free.
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Flickr is worth a look.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    I have an account with both PB and flickr...
    I prefer PB...

never had any issues with PB...
    I can upload multi images just using their regular up load by picking images using ctrl to pick muti images....
    works just fine...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    I can upload multi images just using their regular up load by picking images using ctrl to pick muti images....

Ahhhhh, that may be the secret as I may have been holding down the Shift key instead. I don't do this everyday so perhaps I had forgotten....... thanks mac!
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    good, glad you got going...
    we all try and help each other out over here...
    there is a lot of good info to be gleaned from the posts and pix...

Craig (WE) is kind of the resident guru even though he shoots Nikons...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    good, glad you got going...Craig (WE) is kind of the resident guru even though he shoots Nikons...
    tim

I'm not a 'real' photographer like you guys in here but I do enjoy taking photos.

My well used little Canon was only 5x and at full zoom was not able to take any kind of clear photos. So, I started looking for a new camera.

1) Fits in my pocket
    2) Must have a Viewfinder
    3) Big zoom

I had a pretty hard time finding one that met 1 & 2. "Nobody wants those viewfinders anymore, they all want a bigger screen" I was told. Well, I wanted one but in a smaller camera. I ended up buying one of these.

panasonic-lumix-dmc-zs40.jpg

It has way more bells and whistles than I'll ever use since I'm only a P & S kind of guy, but wow, does it take good photos and the 30x zoom is amazing..... to me at least.

I took this photo of an English castle last month. It was on full zoom and the castle was 3+ miles away. I was on a moving boat and outside on a windy deck......

P1000078_zps23b18f07.jpg

The download software is cumbersome to use but I hope to streamline that. I've read all 136 pages of the Manual and I still can't get the photos to display on the LCD. Looking in the viewfinder, I'm supposed to be able to adjust the symbols, etc to match my old eyesight but I haven't sorted that out either. Looks like time to call Product Support!

Thanks again for everyone's comment and suggestions........
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    All my Olympus C-7**'s have viewfinders but because of the 10X they are a bit bulky for the pocket. Make sure you check out eBay and possibly some refurbished models. I most say almost all my gear, be it the DSLR's or P & S were used or refurbs. Been working great. is that 30X an all Optical zoom?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    It's a 30x Optical Super Zoom they say...... The lens comes quite a bit out from the camera......

354367,xcitefun-panasonic-lumix-dmc-zs40-4.jpg

I took this on full zoom from a moving ship (in the English Channel a few weeks back!) and this came out pretty good IMO.

P1000375_zpsee8e7a75.jpg

So, overall, I'm very happy with it. I took it fully charged to a big airshow in England a few weeks back and found out that about 250 photos will run the battery down. Not using the LCD helps with that, but at least I know the limits of the battery!
    Gary_M:

You nailed it. given your criteria that is the box you want. great reviews. You coughed up some tough criteria >>>>> both an eye level viewer and a superzoom. The Panasonic DMC-SZ-40 might be the best compact superzoom on the market.

I can offer you a better camera but it does not have the requisite superzoom. Bottomline: just buy that camera and do not turn back.
    Flash wrote: »
    is that 30X an all Optical zoom?

Yes it is amazingly. Sample photos here. >>> http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ60_ZS40/sample_images.shtml