Home Egret Boats

Prop question

Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
So it seems while out this weekend, I nicked my prop in a couple places. How long before this may be an issue with performance? The nicks are in one blade and are very small. Went through some shallow grass accidentally at low tide and must have found a rock and didn't realize it. I try very hard to stay out of the grass as it takes a long time for it to regenerate once a prop goes through it. Not to mention, dinging up my prop! Can the nicks cause premature wearing? Not a huge issue and I may just be hunting a reason to go prop shopping:-). I know there's a ton of info within you guys about props. Any I may want to play with with my set up??
Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado

Replies

• HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    It really depends how badly you damaged it. It definitely can affect performance and put undue strain on the engine depending on how severe the deformities are.

You can take it to a prop shop to have it fixed; you don't have to buy a new one. Or buy a new one and use this one as your spare.
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    The nicks are more like small indentions. just on the outer surface. Not sure if the Merc prop Im running may be a little softer than the custom props Ive had on the past or not. May call powertech and see what they say.

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Do not take that prop to just any prop shop. Most prop shops do not have a clue how to fix the Bravo 1 FS. A few nicks will not hurt a thing. Use it till you actually see a performance problem. Mark Croxton or BBlades are the two I know that can handle it.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    I figured I would fish it until the fall when bow season comes in and then send it off. My numbers are a bit off but then again, my original numbers were 1/2 tank, empty live wells, solo, fresh water. It's been so dang rough here lately, 50 is about all I can handle safely.

Who do you guys recommend that has experience with my type set up if I wanted to order a prop to play with?

Not sure if you are willing to ship or travel but Barracuda Performance Propellers has great equipment and even better experience.

8756 SW 129th St, Miami, FL 33176
    (305) 232-9100
    The nicks are more like small indentions. just on the outer surface. Not sure if the Merc prop Im running may be a little softer than the custom props Ive had on the past or not. May call powertech and see what they say.

Bad Behavior, can you post a pic?
    Thanks for the contact. I will try and get a picture tomorrow!