Skip to main content
Home Tropics

Bootle Bay back in action!

hubspoonerhubspooner Posts: 38 Deckhand
Just got off the phone with Vida- the owner of Bootle Bay - and I have Great News! For those who don't know, Vida has been working here in the States out of necessity because of the very very poor economy situation in the Bahamas.

The past few years, Bootle has been in rough shape. Dock has been sketchy, pool pump broken, restaurant not finished, and mattresses need replacing. It appears the tide may be turning for Bootle Bay.

He has replaced most of the mattresses, new A/C units in all rooms, pool pump replaced, and best news of all is he is going to replace (and increase the size out 60 feet) the dock and finish the restaurant! Not sure where he go the $... But super happy to see Bootle getting back to a great place to stay. You won't find more accommodating people than the ones at Bootle Bay.

If you have not stayed there recently, it might be time to check it out again. Here are the numbers to call if you want to book your stay: 242 443-7915 OR 242 441-1363

Replies

• Renovator 45Renovator 45 Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    That place needs more work than that, you would be better off staying at OBB. Just my opinion
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,736 Captain
    Glad to see Vida getting things back together. I've never heard anyone that has stayed there say a bad thing about the man.
  • Flyers UpFlyers Up Posts: 655 Officer
    I agree we had a good time there last year hope things get back to normal. Will be going back soon.
  • CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 890 Officer
    Hey Richard, I too love OBB. However, Bootle and OBB are two totally different "resorts". Bootle is a "fishing lodge" at half the price of OBB. Imho, Bootle has the best cook on Grand Bahama and caters to the center console crowd. When I take my g/f to the Bahamas we def stay at OBB because of all the amenities.
    Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
    pm me for rental info.
  • Conchy JayConchy Jay Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Yes Hub that is good news. We spent a couple of nights there this summer with some recently graduated High School kids and they had a blast. Lashonda and Linda took great care of them around the place, and arranged for a personal ride into Lucaya and back. BB is the place for fisherman/divers, and the locals around there will go out of their way take care of you, your crew, and your boat.
  • hubspoonerhubspooner Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Just found out who the guys are that are making it happen: Huge thanks to the crew of UPTICK and STONE FISH and especially "The Godfather" Mr. Dennis Zank!!!! Guys, you rock!!
  • dzankdzank Posts: 250 Deckhand
    Check it all out at "bootlebayfishinglodge.com". The place has been completely re-done. New docks, pretty much new everything!. We are headed over with supplies at the end of February with additional trips planned in early May as well as early August (of course) for lobster season. Can't wait. Lashanda and Linda can cook up a storm!
  • REEL NATIVEREEL NATIVE Posts: 154 Deckhand
    That's awesome to hear! We used to stay there years ago when we wanted to make a quick getaway from the daily grind. Vida and crew were always gracious hosts!
  • ron tuckerron tucker Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I will add (following my recent 3/15 trip) that Bootle Bay is back in a big way-new docks, totally refurbished accomodations and even new tropical landscaping. Vida his wife Lasanda and "Linda" are the nicest folks in the Bahamas and will make your visit memorable. If you follow other thread info, you'll see how we trailer "UpTick" from the Florida West coast, where we leave the trailer and how to find Bootle Bay. Security is guaranteed by "China" Vida's dog (a love sponge once you're there). Enjoy!
    "Tuckman"