Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

East/West Crooked lakes Eustis?

cab3cab3 MemberPosts: 35 Deckhand
My dad just moved there. So I was just wondering how is the fishing.

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie Moderator citrus countyPosts: 10,881 Moderator
    You'll be right in the middle of great bass fishing. The Harris chain is an excellent fishery but pressured.

Not where you will have access.

http://www.lakefrontflorida.com/crooked-lakes.html

Bet there are some giants in there..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • RealSeabeeRealSeabee Senior Member TitusvillePosts: 583 Officer
    as a Teen I lived in Cassia and went to School in Eustis. Buddies lived in Eustis which we called "in town". One of my best buds lived just two streets over from West Crooked. I'd stay over his house after school Friday and we'd fish all weekend only taking breaks to go eat. I wish we had cell camera phones and stuff back then (30+ years ago), we'd have some great big ole girls in the photo album. I can tell you fer sure that we caught 100's of Bass in that lake and all from a Dock (never got to use a boat) and most all on Jelly Worms. There was not nearly the bait selection back then as there is now. We carried a Red 32" cooler with us (it had a Ruler built in to the lid or I wouldn't know that...trust me) my buddy Chris got the biggest that we ever caught @ 31" that his Dad had mounted and we later found that it was almost 14 pounds. I had the best night we ever had catching three that were all 28", we only used that ruler on the cooler lid but I'd guess they were between 9-12 pounds and those were the biggest that I ever caught.

I can tell you emphatically that they were Outstanding Bass Lakes back in the early to mid 80's.

as a side note, that buddy of mine is a Guide down in the Keys where he has now been for better than 20 years. They call him Captain "Slam"
    When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!
  • leel33mlleel33ml Senior Member Leesburg FLPosts: 144 Deckhand
    Fished West Crooked quite a bit. One of the best bass lakes I've ever been on.