Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Marco Island night fishing help

Hey Everyone, I am coming to Marco Island this Sunday night July 20th and will be staying at the Marriott for two days. I am looking for some tips or places to night fish. I am not a big fan of the heat or crowds. I have fished off the beach before and caught catfish and drum. Any tips or other locations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• nightflynightfly Posts: 505 Officer
    Without a boat your kind of screwed for night fishing. Not many places you can legally go and fish. If your at the Marriott get up early and go on the beach before the crowds show up and walk the beach looking for snook.
  • BottomDwellerBottomDweller Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    The jetties towards the end of the beach near Caxambas have usually been good for me at night. Mangrove snapper, goliaths, snook, tarpon and big sharks... Just make sure to take insect repellant.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. - Doug Larson
  • suprhuntersuprhunter Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the responses. I was thinking about the jetties. I will try them out and see what happens. Thanks again.
  • Jdstang50Jdstang50 Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Welcome to Marco Island. There are plenty of places to fish at night here in Marco Island. As others have said it does require a boat. Snook fishing at night has been the best I've seen in years. I have an open schedule this weekend for night time charters. Give me a call if interested 2393148007 or find me at liveactionfishing.biz. I was the captain who was featured on rtfs marco island.
  • FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Posts: 516 Officer
    Yes, a boat makes catching fish at night a lot easier on Marco. But....all is not lost without one. There are lots of small bridges all over the isalnd that cross the residential canals. The canals are full of snook right now, and small tarpon, jack, ladyfish, redfish, snapper, etc. You cant fish from all of the bridges but you can from quite a few. Some will have some faint street light hitting the water, some will be pitch dark. But they all hold some fish. You can cast plugs, jigs, and live shrimp or whatever live bait you can get. If you find a bridge with some street light throwing shadows on the water below, focus on those. They may have ladyfish you can easily catch with a live shrimp and cork. Quickly get that ladfish on a hook on a bigger rod and either free line it back out or drop it to the bottom among the bridge pilings and wait to have your arm ripped from the sockets by goliath, snook or tarpon. The beaches are loaded with snook now too. You can sight cast them during the day or throw live finger mullet or any type of frisky live bait out in the trough at night and you should get some snook to play. Good luck.