This was a lot of fun.....

remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 262 Deckhand
Hit Flaming Gorge a few weeks ago with a buddy, there has been an epic Cicada hatch this year and the lake was covered in them and the trout and bass were killing them, and so were we! Nothing like surface action with some big ugly bugs.

Replies

• ShadowcastShadowcast Wimauma, FLPosts: 1,051 Officer
    Those are some fat trout!
    Capt. Jon Bull
    @shadowcastflyfishing
    Sales Rep - Ankona Boats, Salt Marsh Skiffs, Tavernier Skiff Company
  • remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 262 Deckhand
    Anytime you wanna come out we'll go hook em'.
  • Colorado TroutbumColorado Troutbum Posts: 102 Officer
    Looks like some healthy 'bows there - congratulations. I cant seem to drive my jeep west of Moab but the Green and Gorge are on my short list of destination road trips. Enjoy that top water action while its there - we had caddis headed down and calibaetis popping off most of the weekend, the water was really boiling a few times.
  • remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 262 Deckhand
    Looks like some healthy 'bows there - congratulations. I cant seem to drive my jeep west of Moab but the Green and Gorge are on my short list of destination road trips. Enjoy that top water action while its there - we had caddis headed down and calibaetis popping off most of the weekend, the water was really boiling a few times.

The Green below the Gorge is fishing well and the Bow's are some of the healthiest I have seen in a long time, crowds still suck, spend most of my Green time in Wyoming.
  • Colorado TroutbumColorado Troutbum Posts: 102 Officer
    I hear you on the crowds. I fish the Platte from North Park Colo up to Casper often, especially Grey Reef after the flush in the spring, weather is sketchy but the fishing makes up for it....again tough to drive past 100 miles of good fishing to get to the Green but I will make it sooner or later...