Home Photography Corner

FAVO

GuidenetGuidenet Posts: 239 Officer
As I mentioned last April, I've joined FAVO and am opening my new Gallery and Studio in the Village. FAVO arts villages seem to be getting more and more popular around the country and I can see why. A family can visit a few to a few hundred galleries and only have to park once. On certain evenings and designated event days, food is provided of various types, similar to an art show. In fact, think of it as a free standing and placed art show. Faith Arts Villages of Orlando (FAVO) began when Park Lake Presbyterian Church purchased Park Lake Hotel and began converting the rooms to studios. FAVO does the outside, but each artist has to design and remodel his/her own studio on the inside.

We have close to forty studios occupied and more will be available throughout the year. We have wonderful painters, sculptures', engravers and even a photographer.

Every month we have an event on the first Friday. Our turnouts have been fairly strong at between 800 and 1000 people so far but we intent to really make something out of this. I'm going to make an effort to get my friends from Florida Sportsman to visit my gallery on one of those Fridays. I'd also offer to display one or two of your images tastefully framed. It might turn out you'd want to have your own FAVO Studio or similar in your city.
Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio

Replies