Snook Fishing Floridas West Coast Beaches

SlamaholicSlamaholic Posts: 389 Officer

The Family and I took a break and went near longboat key / Bradenton Beach for a few days. I had enough time to venture out and roam the beaches, armed with my Costas and a set of flies, It did not take long for me to find the snook in knee deep water cruising the beaches. Not only did I land my first snook on the fly, I landed 6 over the 2 day fishing adventure I took.

I woke up at 6am every morning to watch the sunrise and have a cool morning alone, with no tourist. Having the beach to myself I sight casted fish non stop, Most schools of snook where 5- 10 fish thick, with a few Tarpon mixed in. Basically I walked Bradenton beach area and Longboat Key bridge. I was throwing some larger green back flies and noticed the fish were feeding on the tiny bait fish, changed over to a small white schminnor and small greenback pattern and that did the trick. Although I stalked fish cruising all day long, they would only be tricked into eating durring the apex of the outgoing tides, and in the evening times. If you want to know more about the flies and tactics check it out on our blog relogear.com

I just picked up fly fishing 3 months ago and I am addicted now, Although this was my experience in the area I was at, it seems to be the same story all along the gulf. Friends from Treasure Island down to Naples all are sharing similiar stories to me about bringing in nice snook on the beach with the same approaches. Good luck, God Bless, and Get out there!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quality Performance Apparel, Realistic Prices.
www.ReloGear.Com

Replies