Motor Guide question

Captwalt1Captwalt1 Posts: 114 Officer
Just bought a McKee craft with a motor guide tour series trolling motor on it. the question is how the **** do you get it to go down if pulling the rope won't lower it? It's a bow mount 82 thrust foot control. It's 48 volt if that matters. Any help you can give would be welcome. Thanks

Replies

• R.DitullioR.Ditullio Posts: 121 Officer
    Try pushing the motor down harder then pull the rope. Ive had a similar problem with the Minn Kota. Bottom line if its not completely locked down the mechanism wont engage I think....at least this helped me hope it helps you. Good Luck
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    Yep I have the same gator mount, push down on the head. It trys to pinch the plastic sled with the holding pins an no amount of pulling on the rope will help.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Captwalt1Captwalt1 Posts: 114 Officer
    Going down to the boat tonight and i'll give that a try. Thanks
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,386 Officer
    If pushing down on the motor doesn't help, remount the cradle with rubber isolators between the cradle and the deck. Sometimes, mounting the cradle directly to the deck will warp the cradle and make deploying or storing the TM difficult. Using rubber isolators will make the motor more quiet and will allow you to mount the cradle with torqueing or warping the cradle.

Don't forget to spray a little lube on all the pivot points.
  • Captwalt1Captwalt1 Posts: 114 Officer
    Tried pushing the head unit down and it came down easy, Thanks for the great info..