Home Off Topic

If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about..right??

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    tankard wrote: »
    Believe what you want, Gary, no one cares about your opinion anyway.

But everything I have said is 100% true, as reported to me.

You do it seems.

As reported to you? So you did not witness any of this? Someone told you an outrageous story and you believe every word told to you was true?

:grin
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    Nothing has yet shown that this event happened at all, much less in the way it was reported. Which by the OP's frequently expressed outrage involving such things in itself warrants suspicion and skepticism .

There you go trying to ruin a good cop bashing thread
    Sorry.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    It is not a "cop bashing thread". I am simply relaying something that happened to a friend.

Who, by the way, I would trust over most of you clowns, but of course that ain't saying much.
    It is not a "cop bashing thread". I am simply relaying something that happened to a friend.

Who, by the way, I would trust over most of you clowns, but of course that ain't saying much.

youz crasy mon!
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    I am simply relaying something that happened to a friend.

It's called hearsay....completely useless.
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain

I think that is double hearsay.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    a lot of woman start gossip while hanging wet laundry on the clothes line.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,697 AG
    You do it seems.

As reported to you? So you did not witness any of this? Someone told you an outrageous story and you believe every word told to you was true?

Canadans don't lie!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Why would you use your house air conditioner to cool a poorly insulated garage? One would think a window unit in the garage would work better and cheaper.

I have read some stupid sheet on the internet, but I think this wins :grin

No dumb azzz it would not be cheaper and definitely more expensive. For a greeney you have no concept of energy efficiency or thermodynamics, ****. Comical

But I have to agree with cycle boy, search warranted by energy usage alone. For a right wing majority I am surprised at the outrage, and the odor comments were comical as well, dude a greenhouse knows about activated carbon, hint, not that I do ..... well anymore. :grin
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,931 AG
    Someone told you an outrageous story and you believe every word told to you was true?

Gary, You should know that this is the internet...you cannot post anything untrue on the internet. :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • TripleXTripleX Posts: 1,774 Moderator
    Believe what you want, Gary, no one cares about your opinion anyway.

I care!!
  • chronicbreakchronicbreak Posts: 1,124 Officer
    Story sounds believable enough to me. That said, why on earth did it take 3 hours to search his crib...must be the mother of all homes. I'd be pizzed.
    National Marine Fisheries Service
    DESTROYING FISHERMEN AND THEIR COMMUNITIES SINCE 1976
  • 9ball9ball Posts: 694 Officer
    Three hours is not unreasonable for a search warrant depending on what they are looking for though a little longer than average. It is not just knocking, looking through some drawers, and leaving.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” Benjamin Franklin
  • Sounds like someone is mining bitcoins to me!
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    9ball wrote: »
    Three hours is not unreasonable for a search warrant depending on what they are looking for though a little longer than average. It is not just knocking, looking through some drawers, and leaving.

the reason for the search was excess power consumption. How hard do you have to look in a house to find something that's drawing an insanely large amount of power? Do you think something like that would be small enough to hid in a drawer?
    the reason for the search was excess power consumption.

Really...I'd like to see where your proof of that is... :huh
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    That's what makes having a copy of the warrant so important. It is specific as to what is being searched for and where.

Many years ago (1978) the police came to my door with a warrant looking for my BIL who was living with us at the time. They came in all BA and I asked to see their warrant. It said they were looking for my BIL, nothing else, just a 5'9" 170 lb, white 20 yr old with brown hair and eyes.
    The first cop to open a drawer in my dresser was told straight up, that there were no drawers in the house big enough for a 5'9" 170 lb human to hide in and that I felt the search had become illegal as they were searching outside of what the warrant specified. I was told that they could come back with another warrant based on me not wanting them to look through the drawers. I replied that they would have to do so.
    The police looked in the rooms, closets, under beds and left the drawers and cabinets alone from then until they were done. After they were done they left me their card and asked that I call them if he showed up. I said sure and threw the card in the trash. Jeff never did come back home. Called us from NO and asked us to send his stuff C/O postmaster.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Really...I'd like to see where your proof of that is... :huh

the OP, anything else is just speculation
    the OP, anything else is just speculation

Are you talking about this?

Well, of course his garage is full of computer equipment, and that heats the house something fierce, so this time of year his AC runs pretty much non-stop. All of this, of course, leads to an astronomical power bill.

Combine that power bill with some nosy busybody neighbors

So...this is Tankard relaying a story that happened a month beforehand...

Do you think THAT could be speculation?

So, what was it? ...power bill? ..or nosy, busybody neighbors? ...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Are you talking about this?

Well, of course his garage is full of computer equipment, and that heats the house something fierce, so this time of year his AC runs pretty much non-stop. All of this, of course, leads to an astronomical power bill.

Combine that power bill with some nosy busybody neighbors

So...this is Tankard relaying a story that happened a month beforehand...

Do you think THAT could be speculation?

So, what was it? ...power bill? ..or nosy, busybody neighbors? ...

are you saying a warrant to search a house can be issued solely based on a nosy neighbor?
    are you saying a warrant to search a house can be issued solely based on a nosy neighbor?

No..it cannot...nor can the sole reason be a high power bill....

What I am saying is...a JUDGE was given more information than we are being led to believe to issue a warrant.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    No..it cannot...nor can the sole reason be a high power bill....

What I am saying is...a JUDGE was given more information than we are being led to believe to issue a warrant.

duh, but we can only discuss what we are given. Which we must assume as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing more than the truth. Else internet arguments would be stupid.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    duh, but we can only discuss what we are given. Which we must assume as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing more than the truth. Else internet arguments would be stupid.

would be:huh:rotflmao

Which could be entirely correct, like I said I didn't see the warrant.

It doesn't change the fact that they were there twice and found nothing.
    What fact? How do you know?

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Nobody wants to go to Canada..too cold.

Plus the Redfishing sucks, and all the turtle grass is dead.
    Plus the Redfishing sucks, and all the turtle grass is dead.

All true!...

But I sure would not mind mid July till Sept first not baking like a cake every day.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Update...

Ran into him again last night, they DID NOT leave him with a copy of the warrant, they actually took it from his hands.

Also, the head of the ASO drug task force has been fired. Last name Vermillion, yes like the fish.

His wife just doesn't want him to raise a stink because they're both on visas and she fears retribution.

I say eff that and go after them, especially with these developments.

Gary and duckman will be along shortly to say I'm lying, believe what you want.