Skip to main content
Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Only one bite, but made it count!

You'll have to get used to these freshwater reports as I move to TN.

Spending as much time with my parents as possible before heading out permanently on 7/9.

Today, we headed over for dinner. I rushed through eating to get a solid 30 min of fishing time. It was about 6:30 and still hot as balls out. At the 29 minute mark, got a solid bite, the one I've been looking for since discovering there was bass in my parents pond. The bite was light, but as soon as she realized she was hooked, I felt the power. Thought she'd come up easy like the other 3-4 pounders landed there, but she had a trap door in the form of shoreline grass.

7BCE3D4B-9922-4AB8-827F-CC4D19FCBF40_zpsbxlhi9kd.jpg

Didn't want to put too much pressure on her as I knew she was a nice one so I dipped my new $50 flip flops in the nasty lake water to get a hold of her mouth to yank her out. Luckily, not too much of a struggle from there on, but won't be using my flip flops as a bottle opener any more...

7AB103F6-4000-464D-96BB-9F7B8CC90A29_zpsriaaxr1b.jpg

A4ED1E99-92A6-441B-8F81-CB2092D642DC_zpsbkosvkdw.jpg

Seriously, does anyone use this feature on the flip flops? I obviously didn't buy it for that (don't drink), just liked them compared to the others.

Back to the fish, she went 5lb 5oz and was worth the 29min wait.

E7CDCD14-3385-41F4-AFE7-D096CC771FEE_zpsttrjgjuo.jpg

8FAB72CC-4E1D-4F01-8395-63DC7A320897_zpsdmstwq5m.jpg

955CEC76-7D67-4346-8852-D80E1DA19FCE_zpsqc9xd6a9.jpg

Side note, parents house got broken into a few wks ago. Nothing major stolen, but left my mom feeling violated. Sucks that even nice communities get robbed, but that's life today. Decided to trade in my dad's two very old revolvers for a Walther PPK. He wanted something a little more flashy with a safety. He was happy with it and so am I.

4DB6E8B5-70CC-465F-885F-BAF5D3DBD992_zpsljwksslz.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public

Replies

• Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,392 Captain
    Nice bass brother.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • butts182butts182 Posts: 178 Deckhand
    I use the bottle opener if I have to. Done it many times
  • BacDocBacDoc Posts: 704 Officer
    Nice bass Long, a real stud!

That Walther is a great piece! I got one for my wife in blue black. That's the gun that James Bond used in the early 007 films. Sexy and deadly accurate at close range. Very nice weapon.
  • StugotzStugotz Posts: 255 Officer
    Nice job!!!!, good peace too. Will work if need be ...
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,286 Officer
    Nice fish Long.
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,921 Captain
    gud lookin fish

nice weapon

please please please get a pedicure :rotflmao

tight werk
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • onICEonICE Posts: 988 Officer
    Sorry to hear you are leaving Long, THanks for all you did for the SE section over the years. BEst of luck in TN and nice bass!
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Super nice bass Long, must have been quite the battle. I feel for your folks, that stinks...I also picked up a hand gun earlier in the year, thankfully have never had to use it. Best of luck with your new job and TN.
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,549 Captain
    Nise work on the fish and good luck in Tennessee. There's pretty cool places in Tennessee and some good fishing too.
  • turftechturftech Posts: 312 Deckhand
    Nice fish, buddy! Looking forward to the Tennessee reports. Heck, you might run into Bill Dance over there. Be gracious and give him an autograph.:)
    2200v pathfinder and various rods and reels, ford f150 and various rifles, shotguns, and handguns.
    Ready to fish, Ready to hunt...
  • sneaky snookersneaky snooker Posts: 746 Officer
    Nice bass buddy, the Walther is a nice gun but just might make a big meth head mad. I am a 45 auto kind of guy. No need to waste bullets ! Best of luck on your move. You will be missed.
    2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,804 Moderator
    Thanks guys.
    BacDoc wrote: »
    Nice bass Long, a real stud!

That Walther is a great piece! I got one for my wife in blue black. That's the gun that James Bond used in the early 007 films. Sexy and deadly accurate at close range. Very nice weapon.

I did some research before buying it and read about that. Pretty cool!
    Austins26 wrote: »
    gud lookin fish

nice weapon

please please please get a pedicure :rotflmao

tight werk

LMAO
    Rollin wrote: »
    Nise work on the fish and good luck in Tennessee. There's pretty cool places in Tennessee and some good fishing too.

Please tell me more about these places if you know. One of the requirements for my realtor is to be within 20mi of a body of water big enough to run a boat through. If you have any input on places on the west side, I can pass it along to my realtor...
    turftech wrote: »
    Nice fish, buddy! Looking forward to the Tennessee reports. Heck, you might run into Bill Dance over there. Be gracious and give him an autograph.:)

LMAO. That would be cool to run into him. I've run into Roland Martin and Shaw Grigsby before here in FL.
    Nice bass buddy, the Walther is a nice gun but just might make a big meth head mad. I am a 45 auto kind of guy. No need to waste bullets ! Best of luck on your move. You will be missed.

Agreed! Maybe he'll get another one for Xmas. I was so close to pulling the trigger on a midsize .45 for the house in TN, but the wifey would not budge so we ended up with a glock 17 for cheap. At least I'll be able to share ammo with my ccw - sig 938.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,491 Captain
    Long, best of luck to you and your family on your impending trip/residency in TN. Hope your stint there is short and you get back to So. Fla in short order.
    Nice going on the bass.
    Make sure your dad is up to speed on handling a semi-auto. If he's used to wheel guns, he really should spend a lot of time with the Walther so that it becomes second nature. It's a great gun (as well as your Glock 17) - but nomenclature and handling proficiency is key in a given situation.:machinegun

Pura Vida!
  • Serenity NowSerenity Now Posts: 442 Deckhand
    Great report and great catch. Betcha can't stop at one for either now. I will look forward to these reports as I do miss NC. Love my Florida but the winter, mountains, no traffic, friendly people, etc. are nice to visit.

Best of luck with the house security. Hope they never have to use it but have the confidence to do so if the time comes. I see a nice big dog in the future too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Surreel Life"
    2014 Seahunt Gamefish 25
    Well said Bill. I'll be taking him to the range next weekend and when I visit thereafter.

Serenity, good thinking on the big dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SpoonmanSpoonman Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Nice fish and my weapon of choice as well.
    Low Sea's, High Tides, Fish On
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Nice bass Long
  • zzzzzzsplashzzzzzzsplash Posts: 499 Deckhand
    Sweet bass. Looks like a healthy one. Where was the break-in? Good advice from BigBill, a lot of people think they are John Wayne when they buy a gun, but if they dont know the firearm and train with it then its more of a liability
  • PureCPureC Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Nice one! Sorry to hear about your folks place.
    2.png
    Rock The Rag!
  • A1A SportsmanA1A Sportsman Posts: 71 Deckhand
    hell yeah we use the bottle opener. I guess if you don't drink, you obviously wouldn't use it. nice little bass too
  • Key LimeKey Lime Posts: 356 Deckhand
    Long, best of luck on your new venture (and nice bass BTW). I worked in mid-Tennessee for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if bottle openers are part of school uniforms these days!
    Sweet bass. Looks like a healthy one. Where was the break-in? Good advice from BigBill, a lot of people think they are John Wayne when they buy a gun, but if they dont know the firearm and train with it then its more of a liability

Hobe sound!
    Key Lime wrote: »
    Long, best of luck on your new venture (and nice bass BTW). I worked in mid-Tennessee for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if bottle openers are part of school uniforms these days!

Thanks Dave. I'm wrapping up my first TN visit this week and been hearing the same re:drinking. Really nice people here, pleasantly surprised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Nice work on the bass and I love my Walther. Not the same model, but a very reputable company!!! I love my XD40 Subcompact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScottNKerrieScottNKerrie Posts: 85 Greenhorn
    Nice Bass. Its been a while since I bass fished but it was always fun. The Glock is always a good choice and the Sig 938 is a great carry piece. I have two 938 SAS's but I keep a Judge for the boat.
    Bluewater 2850
    Bluewater 2550 sold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent their government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Thomas Jefferson 1787
  • OwlseyOwlsey Posts: 321 Deckhand
    Love 10SC. Love fishing . Love guns. Be careful with the young ones . Hopefully you will never need to use it. Try and teach everyone in the house to be comfortably using it.
  • rgambotzrgambotz Posts: 224 Deckhand
    Nice gun, sorry to hear about the robbery that really sucks.
  • GROUPER SCOOPERGROUPER SCOOPER Posts: 1,871 Captain
    Nice fish.

For $50 did those flip flops come with a few cases of beer???
    Everything affects everything.You can't just change one thing.Every thing is connected.
    Thanks guys. Wife knows how to shoot as well. Kids will be a few more years.
    Nice fish.

For $50 did those flip flops come with a few cases of beer???

That's what I was thinking, but quickly reminded myself that the pair I was replacing (also reef) was really worn, but still wear-able for a few more years at least. And it was 15yrs old believe it or not. In and out of salt water for the past several yrs. Great product, I see no less time on this new $50 pair (they were $28 back in the day).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rgambotz wrote: »
    Nice gun, sorry to hear about the robbery that really sucks.

No biggie. No one was hurt. Nothing of value was taken. And my parents learned how to use the house alarm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice Bass. Its been a while since I bass fished but it was always fun. The Glock is always a good choice and the Sig 938 is a great carry piece. I have two 938 SAS's but I keep a Judge for the boat.

Love the SAS model but was not available at my local gun shop so I got the rosewood model for the timeless look. Also like the blackwood and equinox model.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]