Home Off Topic

opinions on color scheme... getting close to fun part of jeep project

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,378 Moderator
And by close I mean I'm still a month or so out, but....

I'm taking a break from spending money and focusing on the "fun part" while enjoying an adult beverage.

The jeep pictured is about what I"ll look like. I'll be black with grey soft top (previous owner wants his hard top back and for a few reasons we're going to oblige) and stainless hinges.

I'm going to go with the Corbeau seat pictured below. It'll be on the complete bracket assembly they make. I'd rather do this than adapt to curent bracket and sit 1" higher. Anway, I'd be curious what yall think. Picture is that seat in black vinyl and grey cloth (black doens't look blac, but it is).

Other pictures are different Monstaliner options and three different rear seat covers from Corbeau. I"ll be doing the liner myself at the house. Not sure if I'll roll or spray. I understand that it's not Line X, but it's also only $150 and I can do it here in a weekend as opposed to spending $600-$800 for pro job. I'll have the exterior painted professionally. Will have painted first and then roll / spray my liner. FIgure my time is way cheaper than their time.

So that seat, basically that jeep (black steel wheels and SS hinges) and then what's your # / Letter combo. Oh... interior of my jeep is a beat up gray about like #2 monstaliner. I don't want to get to matchy / matchy and have it not be quite right. WOuld rather go a shade lighter / darker and have it all-together different than close but not clsoe enough.

Thanks

Jeep: Black. Stainless hinges around. Black steel wheels on proably Toyo MT 35 x 12.50s on either 8 or 10" wide wheel.

INterior: That seat pictured above... driver and passenger. Existing dash... a dark grey. Rear seat is a cover... one of the options you see.

Liner: One of the otions you see.

colorscheme_zps4a47a6ab.png
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,866 AG
    Ever think about grey denim interior?
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    B-2
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    I take it that you don't own a boat.

BTW, nice Jeep.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,378 Moderator
    B-2

B-2 is what I said as well. She wants B-1.

Popeye wrote: »
    I take it that you don't own a boat.

BTW, nice Jeep.

That jeep is very similar to what I'm GOING to have. Right now mine is getting some new-to-me axles / steering / suspension under it. Next step is pick out some tires and wheels. Then I strip it down here at the house. Have it painted. Work on dash restoration. Trailer jeep back here. Roll interior. Re-assemble everything. Finally go for a drive.

And yeah, I've got a boat too. And a full time job. And a house / yard that looks like PURE HELL!!!!!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,088 AG
    B-2 is what I said as well. She wants B-1.

That jeep is very similar to what I'm GOING to have. Right now mine is getting some new-to-me axles / steering / suspension under it. Next step is pick out some tires and wheels. Then I strip it down here at the house. Have it painted. Work on dash restoration. Trailer jeep back here. Roll interior. Re-assemble everything. Finally go for a drive.

And yeah, I've got a boat too. And a full time job. And a house / yard that looks like PURE HELL!!!!!

Buy one already done at Mecom...save a ship ton of money and time...when you get tired of it...leave keys in it and collect insurance( agreed value) ...saves the hassel of selling it. :grin
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • mitchellmastermitchellmaster Posts: 363 Officer
    What does the fuse panel/wiring harness look like ?