Home Off Topic

Hazard lights in the rain.

HumpinitHumpinit Posts: 199 Deckhand
Turn them off you dumb ****! First of all its illegal and secondly its a distraction. We don't need you reminding us that its raining.

Respectfully,
Humpinit

Replies

• gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    I feel safer with them on.
  • bullgatorbullgator Posts: 1,940 Officer
    Oh no. Not again.
  • Fisherman12Fisherman12 Posts: 645 Officer
    I run people with hazard lights off of the road.
    I run people with hazard lights off of the road.

You're going to have to make contact.
  • Fisherman12Fisherman12 Posts: 645 Officer
    gandrfab wrote: »
    You're going to have to make contact.

front-brush-guard.png
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Depends on just how hard it's raining. If it's raining that hard though, pull over and turn them on. I see idiots all the time turn them on in a drizzle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scared now :cry
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,663 AG
    bullgator wrote: »
    Oh no. Not again.

Every rainy season
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,508 AG
    Oh no. Not again.

:grin

I do it and if you don't like to, tough.

There's tons of things that are illegal. Have you ever J-walked?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,655 Admiral
    Humpinit wrote: »
    Turn them off you dumb ****! First of all its illegal and secondly its a distraction. We don't need you reminding us that its raining.

Respectfully,
    Humpinit

Cars are bad enough doing this, but I've seen more and more tractor trailers doing this. The truckers should know better.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,690 AG
    High beams and hazards baby! Break lights a bump'n too.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    What gets my goat, is the strobe lights the construction workers use to drive down the road all day long. And the flatbeds that thing it is necessary to have the flashers on when not loading or unloading.
    What about the motorcycles with the constant flashing high beam headlights?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    Tarpon65 wrote: »

**** you beat me to it. That's annoying as hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about them?
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    micci_man wrote: »
    What about them?

They annoy me, much like your post! :willynilly
    Ohh. gotchya. sorry.
  • bullgatorbullgator Posts: 1,940 Officer
    If they annoy you, you noticed them. If you noticed them, mission accomplished (motorcycle strobe headlights that is).
    If they annoy you, you noticed them. If you noticed them, mission accomplished (motorcycle strobe headlights that is).

I realize they did their job, but I'm on my soap box here griping about things.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    makes it easier to see the target
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,389 Officer
    ..."dumb ****"...

"Respectfully"

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    Mango Man wrote: »

I do it and if you don't like to, tough.

There's tons of things that are illegal. Have you ever J-walked?

Not sure if you are serious or not but you put yourself at much greater risk for rear-end collision with flashers. Drivers approaching from the rear have significantly decreased reaction time because they will delay braking due to not being able to recognize the difference between a "flash" from the flasher sequence and a flash from a brightened tail lamp from you actually hitting the brakes. You're talking about a second or two in delayed reaction time but at highway speeds that can make a difference.
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Not sure if you are serious or not but you put yourself at much greater risk for rear-end collision with flashers. Drivers approaching from the rear have significantly decreased reaction time because they will delay braking due to not being able to recognize the difference between a "flash" from the flasher sequence and a flash from a brightened tail lamp from you actually hitting the brakes. You're talking about a second or two in increased reaction time but at highway speeds that can make a difference.

Completely true, hazards in the rain F with the following driver. But it seems to be a south florida thing, not sure why, I bet it is Cuban related :grin I had a Cuban Lady that worked for me, a PE no less, that purposely drove in fast lane at exactly the speed limit to ensure no one would speed, F'n comical. Oh, only reason I know is that she bragged about it, she did not last. :grin
    Last weekend went out of town with the gf. On the way back it was flooding. I asked her why she was driving in the left lane and not getting over. She said because the interstate was sloped from left to right and the water was all pooled up in the right lane and could cause hydroplaning.

I started to pay attention to that and for a stretch of 40 miles, she was right. I would think that logically the DOT would have that reversed and slope to the inside for American cars with the wheel on the left. That's like going to Daytona Speedway with the slope backazzwards. :huh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    Not sure if you are serious or not but you put yourself at much greater risk for rear-end collision with flashers. Drivers approaching from the rear have significantly decreased reaction time because they will delay braking due to not being able to recognize the difference between a "flash" from the flasher sequence and a flash from a brightened tail lamp from you actually hitting the brakes. You're talking about a second or two in increased reaction time but at highway speeds that can make a difference.
    And that reaction time is even worse in very bad rain not to mention the wet roads .
    This is probably my # 1 pet peeve when driving.
    When hazard lights are on, get your **** off the highway
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 543 Officer
    My biggest gripe is you can't tell if they are moving or really broke down. Mostly I imagine these "drivers" as being very unsure of their capabilities and maybe should stay on the local roads that are a bit less challenging.
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    I drive to the Keys a lot from St Pete crossing on I75. You do see it sometimes on the left cost but it's way more prevalent on the right coast. I'd say the closer to Miami you are nearly every car is flashing.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,270 AG
    I turn on my interior lights when it rains.
    Warning Level 2
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    I think that hazard lights should only be used when a hazardous situation presents itself.

But that's just me.
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 543 Officer
    Cars are bad enough doing this, but I've seen more and more tractor trailers doing this. The truckers should know better.
    Usually, and I guess by today's standards I am an old timer, but when I drove, I would typically turn on hazzards when traffic was slowing ahead mainly to be courteous and signal others behind me. Once traffic slowed, the hazzards came off. Two advantages tractor trailers have over cars is the spray and mist from the rain that limits the vision in cars does not affect trucks because they are much higher, and puddling water does not affect trucks either.