Home Off Topic

Do you leave voicemails?

2»

Replies

• FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,465 Moderator
    gandrfab wrote: »
    If you block your number, I'm not going to answer the call. better leave a message

Same here. Block your number, I will not answer. While I know I'll never get away from email entirely, I am reverting away from it back toward the phone calls only end of the spectrum. If I answer, you'll get a fast response. If not, leave a message and I'll get back with you at my convenience. I respect the same if I leave someone a message. I won't bother you again until you get back with me. If its something so important that I need resolution quickly, I'll find you in person.

Emails are also becoming way too much of an item of convenience for others. I really hate when someone emails me on the first day of my vacation and then screams at me the day after I return for not responding in a timely fashion. Thinking of an auto-response that says "I'm on vacation until X date. All emails received until I return will be deleted. Try again after I return."
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,388 Officer
    Fletch wrote: »
    Same here. Block your number, I will not answer. While I know I'll never get away from email entirely, I am reverting away from it back toward the phone calls only end of the spectrum. If I answer, you'll get a fast response. If not, leave a message and I'll get back with you at my convenience. I respect the same if I leave someone a message. I won't bother you again until you get back with me. If its something so important that I need resolution quickly, I'll find you in person.

Emails are also becoming way too much of an item of convenience for others. I really hate when someone emails me on the first day of my vacation and then screams at me the day after I return for not responding in a timely fashion. Thinking of an auto-response that says "I'm on vacation until X date. All emails received until I return will be deleted. Try again after I return."

I'm with you on this. I use it a lot but the back and forth gets nauseating and I prefer to pick up the phone and talk to the person. A lot can get "lost" in an email. i.e. tone.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,905 Admin
    JKP wrote: »
    If someone calls me and doesn't leave a message I assume they don't expect a call back.

This. I assume it was a butt dial otherwise.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    Fletch wrote: »

My Dad started doing that when AOL came out.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,662 AG
    Polar wrote: »
    are you the one calling me from the blocked number last week?

No, wasn't me.
    We have something like twelve forums to talk on if need be.:grin
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,690 Captain
    1391717_10151640995852651_130624172_n.jpg?oh=b95e208a8e77e0a524b5f14c9970ac47&oe=54237091&__gda__=1410730953_3e352dd7e4ca2e7161dd2f310a80d90d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]