Home Off Topic

VANDY Pride

fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
Well a little anyway. I normally do not claim the black and gold as my team (I attended both UT and Vandy however my blood runs orange) but a belated congratulations to Vandy for the College World Series win.

The schools first National Championship in a major sport.
ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
"Today is MINE"

Replies

• LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    WAAAAY to go Doores. They had a great football season last year and this is the iceing on the cake. I think UF and FSU have been there a combined 30 times? and never got it done. Very proud of VANDY indeed.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Congrats to Vandy! For a school that prides itself so much on academic excellence it is nice to see them win an athletic title! I've got a soft spot for NashVegas as I traveled there quite a bit for my past job and in college. Always a good time in that city! Vandy is a fun campus, and I always found it funny that they cannot have kegs on campus. We would go to parties and there would be a massive tub with 250+ cans of Natty. Almost defeats the purpose :grin

Plus, they did crush the hearts of Gata Nation and Booster support for coach Boom after they came to into Gainesville @ homecoming and laid the smack down!
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,928 Admiral
    UF banned kegs a while back too.

S

E

C

!!!
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    UF banned kegs a while back too.

Yeah, but I had been to a few Fraternity houses and had kegs (albeit maybe not allowed) and it's kind of a slap on the wrist. At Vandy (or so the fellow ΣN chapter had told us) it's one of the worst things a house can do (have a keg) and it's grounds to be kicked off campus.

Yeah! Cheer for the team that beat you @ homecoming! Only in the SEC :-)
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,353 Admiral
    Fins, you're slippin buddy!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Fins, you're slippin buddy!

Well I did not say I was bringing out Dores gear or something. They did take mercy on my poor soul and provide a degree. Least I could do is give em a pat on the back for a nice win.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Spent 4 years there '88-'92 & Vandy is my '2nd Team'- after my AU Tigers... (My 3rd Team is whoever's playing 'bammer- lol)
    GOOO DOOORES !!! Congrats on a Great Season & a CWS National Championship !!! Anchor Down !!!
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    fins4me wrote: »
    Well I did not say I was bringing out Dores gear or something. They did take mercy on my poor soul and provide a degree. Least I could do is give em a pat on the back for a nice win.
    Spent 4 years there '88-'92 & Vandy is my '2nd Team'- after my AU Tigers... (My 3rd Team is whoever's playing 'bammer- lol)
    GOOO DOOORES !!! Congrats on a Great Season & a CWS National Championship !!! Anchor Down !!!

Congrats guys, must be a fun time as Alum's

They can finally pair the championship style academics with an athletics title! :USA
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback