Home Off Topic

Boynton police "leg sweep" 13 year old boy...

duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,174 AG
Just saw this on the news...Funny as heck!

Little big mouth gets a little "life lesson" from the po-po....
I almost wet my pants laughing when they showed the little fella walking with a cane... I guess EBT cards and free phones won't get you enough today...gotta "lawyer up" to get the big "cha-****"

Was a time when if you ran your mouth...Your FATHER would stomp a mud hole in your ****...the cops would have to leg sweep him to keep him from "adjusting that attitude"..... Dad don't live at home anymore...and mom has no control...Inmates run the asylum.
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,390 AG
    A cane?

Pimpin' ain't easy.
    Warning Level 2
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,174 AG
    " Don't leg sweep me bro " :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    SAENole wrote: »
    A cane?

Pimpin' ain't easy.

A good time to use props....is when the TV cameras are rolling. :grin
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,425 Admiral
    Boynton policeman sends handcuffed teen to ground with 'leg sweep';

By Brian Entin, WPTV

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Boynton Beach Police are investigating an incident involving a 13-year-old boy who was taken off of a school bus and handcuffed by an officer.

In a video taken by a student on the bus, the officer appears to kick the legs out from under the teen.

"I didn't see anything in that portion of the video that would lead me to believe in any way there was a reasonable need for that type of technique," said law enforcement expert Dennis Root.

Root has 21 years of police experience and testified in the George Zimmerman trial. He worked for the Martin County Sheriff's Office and Riviera Beach Police Department.

Because the teen in the video appears to be handcuffed, Root says the leg sweep could have hurt him.

"The thing I saw that really caught me is there was a leg sweep that caused the kid to fall straight back onto his restrained hands and the potential for injury is really great," Root said.

Root said it's important to note the teen does not appear to be completely cooperating with police.

"When he sat him on the ground he sat him flat on his rear end, but the first thing the young man did was try to get in the position he wanted to be in. Those small movements are indicators they are actually resisting," Root said.

Root also said it is impossible to get the full picture of what happened solely based on the video.

He said if he was an officer in that position, he would have moved the juvenile away from the bus where other students were yelling.

"One of the first things I personally would have done is I would have moved him from view and association with the other juveniles," Root said.

Root said the Boynton Beach Police chief is doing the right thing by launching an internal investigation.

"It most certainly warrants a thorough and complete investigation of the incident in its entirety," Root said.

A spokeswoman with the Boynton Beach Police Department said the chief could not comment because there is an internal affairs investigation underway. The officer is on administrative leave.
    That's the old news...It made the news today again. He was cleared in the investigation by the State attorneys office. Makes it even funnier that the kid is still walking around with his "prop" more than a month later. I bet if he fell down playing ball or skateboarding he would have popped right up...and probably would not be needing that cane. :rolleyes

They interviewed " the family "...who was represented by a cousin?... that looked about 19? ... Where was the father? ( just a rhetorical question :grin )
    We got to see the older brothers and gramma... who is probably raising them ( till our prison system takes over :rotflmao)

Now little whatever his name is....Knows that the po-po *is not* the same as big momma...You don't "chest bump" the police. That officer did him a solid....may keep him from clogging up our prison system 5 years from now....but I doubt it since they are already teaching him " milk the system and get yo cash" ....

The BB police are still doing an IA investigation...I say he should get "Officer of the year"
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Admiral
    I guess you forgot to mention that he was already cuffed in the OP. I am all for some mouthy axhole getting taken down a notch however doing it with his hands tied behind his back shows a lack of discipline on the officer's part. For you to take pleasure in it says a lot about your character.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    great, now my rents gonna go up
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Or, it could have just been the stars lining up... punk kid meets adshole copper. We already know the outcome before it started.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    That ain't nothing. Here's how they handle handcuffed suspects in Texas. Go to minute 18 & 33:30 for the shooting. https://news.vice.com/article/el-paso-releases-video-of-cop-executing-handcuffed-man-wheres-the-anger?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=newsdesktop
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • mitchellmastermitchellmaster Posts: 363 Officer
    So why did they take the kid off da bus fo
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,394 Officer
    got ants? wrote: »
    Or, it could have just been the stars lining up... punk kid meets adshole copper. We already know the outcome before it started.

+1, hopefully they both learned sumthin.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    GA Fin wrote: »
    That ain't nothing. Here's how they handle handcuffed suspects in Texas. Go to minute 18 & 33:30 for the shooting. https://news.vice.com/article/el-paso-releases-video-of-cop-executing-handcuffed-man-wheres-the-anger?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=newsdesktop

That's why we have a motto of "Don't Mess With Texas". Also, using the word "executing" is misleading.
    Deo Vindice
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    Funny. Anyone posts a video of a white guy questioning cops authority to search them, ask for ID etc...and they are standing up for their rights and those darn power hungry cops can go to hell.
    Post a video of a black kid who for all we know was "walking while black" being leg swept for "mouthing off" and the cop is a great guy and the kids a big mouth punk.

Yes I did: :banana
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG
    He was executed.
    Boyton cop should be prosecuted.
    El Paso cop should be hanged.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,576 Captain
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    That's why we have a motto of "Don't Mess With Texas". Also, using the word "executing" is misleading.

yea it should have been in All caps as that was an EXECUTION. A struggling handcuffed man with 2 cops on him. Fing coward. Do your job. I hope the cop hangs. If I was the other cop(in brown), I would have subdued , arrested, and cuffed the shooter(or ended up at gunpoint while calling for back up to arrest the scumbag cop). But I cant hear audio at work, if the second cop was encouraging the shooting cop in any way they should both hang.

I didn't see the kid getting leg sweeped video, but if the cop leg sweeped him while cuffed for being a loudmouth, then that cop is a complete coward as well. Just means the cop isn't mentally strong enough to do his job.

I still know alot of good cops doing there job responsibly, they should be outraged, IMO.
    Post a video of a black kid who for all we know was "walking while black" being leg swept for "mouthing off" and the cop is a great guy and the kids a big mouth punk.

]

You should check into it more...but the short version is he was being taken off a school bus for throwing eggs at people...

His big mistake is thinking when the police TELL you something...that it is an invitation...It is not. Second mistake is thinking he's going to get all "gangsta" on him...
    That "chest bumping" may be OK at the middle school...but he got a lesson on what is...and is not appropriate.
    If you watch the Video that was with Channel 5's story yesterday...you get to see him having to be manhandled off the bus.

Boynton cop shound *not* be prosecuted...and not say's me...say's the States Attorney.....That is all....:)
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    So why did they take the kid off da bus fo

For being a model citizen...why else... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    lookin wrote: »
    +1, hopefully they both learned sumthin.

I think the kid learned watch your feet when you run your big yapper.... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

You know what they say..." If your gonna make an omelet ...you gotta break a few eggs".... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    The departmental investigation of the guy being shot determined it to be accidential. I think there will be a large pay out to the family. No harm, no foul. Perhaps he should not have been fighting with the officers. I was taught to say yes sir, no sir, and keep my mouth shut when dealing with law enforcement and that has stood me well for many, many years.
    Deo Vindice
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,795 AG
    The departmental investigation of the guy being shot determined it to be accidential.

Cops investigating cops

:rotflmao
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Cops investigating cops

:rotflmao

Who should do the investigating...plumbers?... or Electricians? :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    duckmanJR wrote: »

The people that pay the cops.
    Perhaps he should not have been fighting with the officers. I was taught to say yes sir, no sir, and keep my mouth shut when dealing with law enforcement and that has stood me well for many, many years.

Stop being such a wussy lap-dog... You should bow up and talk tuff...put them in their place! :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    I was taught to say yes sir, no sir, and keep my mouth shut when dealing with law enforcement and that has stood me well for many, many years.

I was taught to deal with all people that way. Why should cops be special?
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    The people that pay the cops.

Are they qualified for that?
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Are they qualified for that?

What type of qualification would that require? Taxpayers are their employers, that's all you need to know.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG
    No harm, no foul.

Do you have any idea what this expression means?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Admiral

Sure
    We can call them a 'jury'
    Or have them decide who does
    Sure
    We can call them a 'jury'
    Or have them decide who does

Well, You first have to charge or indict someone to have a jury...or grand jury...and for that we have attorneys...we call them States attorneys...They make that determination...and in this case...they said no crime.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled