Home Off Topic

THE PURGE..............

amighoamigho Posts: 776 Officer
Interesting concept, one night a year and all crimes are allowed including murder! Would you participate and be the hunter or do you think you would be the hunted?
:huh
:fishing:USA

Replies

• Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,934 Admiral
    amigho wrote: »
    Interesting concept, one night a year and all crimes are allowed including murder! Would you participate and be the hunter or do you think you would be the hunted?

You would never make it out of your door!
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    I saw the first one and wish I had never wasted my money. My sons talked me into taking them.

Now I see there's a part II coming out. Not wasting my time.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • amighoamigho Posts: 776 Officer
    You would never make it out of your door!

Who are you and for what reason is that directed towards me? Or is that just a general statement?
    Who are you and for what reason is that directed towards me? Or is that just a general statement?

That's just Ron and I can't speak for him but I think it's just a general statement based on the movie. Lame movie I should say
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Agreed, lame movie...but, you could rob, ****, murder, steal. Understood that not everyone has this inclination but I could definitely cleanse my soul once a year!
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Agreed, lame movie...but, you could rob, ****, murder, steal. Understood that not everyone has this inclination but I could definitely cleanse my soul once a year!

So what's stopping you now?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse

Jail, obviously!
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,576 Captain
    Overnight fishing trip. Remote lake with no ramp in remote area, park truck and trailer elsewhere. Blue flowers on porch back home.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Jail, obviously!

All teed up. Anyone want to swing at it?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    hurricane shutters down, plenty of beer, everyone inside with a fire arm.
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,079 Admiral
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,974 Admiral
    What exactly are they trying to purge? sounds pretty stupid.

Jail? Only if you get caught, what percentage do you think gets caught, I would be willing to bet not much, otherwise there would be no crime and when you do get caught it is usually a slap on the wrist which only perpetuates more crime, I say go ahead and take the chance, the odds are on your side. Not me I can’t get away with anything.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,576 Captain
    surfman wrote: »
    What exactly are they trying to purge? sounds pretty stupid.

Jail? Only if you get caught, what percentage do you think gets caught, I would be willing to bet not much, otherwise there would be no crime and when you do get caught it is usually a slap on the wrist which only perpetuates more crime, I say go ahead and take the chance, the odds are on your side. Not me I can’t get away with anything.

You need to see the movie if you want to know what this thread is about. But I would suggest skipping it entirely. Decent idea for movie, but a bad script, people(characters) being stupid in an attempt to make the plot work. It didn't.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,936 Admiral
    Definitely sounds like a stupid thread about a stupid movie.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG

you need to talk to a shrink if you are entertaining the idea of yourself in the hunter role
    mjn wrote: »
    You need to see the movie if you want to know what this thread is about. But I would suggest skipping it entirely. Decent idea for movie, but a bad script, people(characters) being stupid in an attempt to make the plot work. It didn't.

somewhat agree, it was pretty heavy handed but a movie about the dead kenedys "kill the poor" song was worth trying
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,174 AG
    I'd leave the front door wide open...

12 gauge with my skeet choke tube in...a shotgun blast ( close range shotgun is a gruesome weapon) and one scum nut down...millions to go....but I will work on it.:grin
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,079 Admiral
    I hope that no one of our (Italian) governament officials read this. They could take inspiration for a new tax (pay x felony).
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    I'd leave the front door wide open...

12 gauge with my skeet choke tube in...a shotgun blast ( close range shotgun is a gruesome weapon) and one scum nut down...millions to go....but I will work on it.:grin

shrink would have a field day
    what is it with some folks and fantasizing about killing other people
    off topic is in need of a purge
    frank wrote: »

It's what us crazy people do...it's in our nature! :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Definitely sounds like a stupid thread about a stupid movie.

Eric, should I delete the thread, ban the OP and send him some threatening and condescending IM's?
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    i think it would be awesome

I would so be blowing this forum up with images of side boobs and lingerie
    Eric, should I delete the thread, ban the OP and send him some threatening and condescending IM's?

no, lock it, quit then go to another forum and ***** about it
  • SLW210SLW210 Posts: 2,226 Captain

[video=youtube_share;4AXcHQWUqgU]

:troll

But funny as can be... :grin
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    well, we all know Eric is a peckerhead, no harm no foul :cry
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,079 Admiral
    Polar wrote: »
    off topic is in need of a purge

Pretty sure that already happened a couple times in the last year already :grin
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Admiral
    Id be a complete (would-be) criminal for a day and go catch a boat full of red snapper
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Admiral
    frank wrote: »

I believe he's a former cop