Back Country Fishing, a Slam, and Dinner 6/23

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
Windsplitter (Duane) and I went out on our weekly fishing trip today and decided to explore even more areas.

Initially we stopped for some fishing and I hook up a decent snook but lose it, I hook up a red, yep, and lose it. Duane hooks a red and he too loses it. We're thinking maybe we are getting rusty.

At any rate Duane goes to work and puts two keeper reds in the boat and I follow with one. We then decide to go way back and try an area that is accessible only on a good high tide. Good call and it was a beautiful area, swiss cheese rocks, mangroves, sandy bottom in place, crystal clear water, and it reminded me of the Keys. The fact we saw no boats again today, including the FWC :), was another plus.

Duane manage a few more reds, a decent snook, and a nice trout to complete his slam. He also put a nice snapper in the cooler and caught a few jacks. I did my part by bringing subs to eat. :)

All fish were caught on soft plastic and gold spoons with I believe eight keeper size reds brought into the boat. We kept three reds that were deep hooked (19, 20, and a 22), a trout, and the snapper as we haven't been keeping any lately and both of us were wanting fish for dinner. Another great day in our area with a good friend. A few pictures to prove we went fishing.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies