Opinions Needed

sneaky snookersneaky snooker Posts: 746 Officer
I am looking at buying a new bay boat this year. I have been to all the boat shows and been all over, under, and in lots of boats. On my very short list is the Edgewater IS 22 with 250 SHO Yamaha. I am impressed with what I see . I know a lot of you guys have a lot of experience and I respect your opinions. I don't actually have any buddys with Edgewaters so I'm hoping to get some educated opinions ?
2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250

Replies

• century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
    You might want to post this in the boating section

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It works 60% of the time all the time......
  • bobert421bobert421 Posts: 397 Deckhand
    Don't have any experience with Edgewater but the 22' Pathfinder with a 150 Yamaha has done everything from stalking oyster bars for redfish to Dolphin offshore. Boat will float in next to nothing. When the trolling motor scrapes the bottom we don't push it any shallower. No problems far. It's not the fastest boat on the water but going with the 250 will solve that.
    New Facebook page, REPORT PICTURES HERE----> ChumBucket Fishing

276076f7-540f-451a-8de4-ba7229b19a11_zps746ac5e0.jpg
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,392 Captain
    Might want to post this on THT as well. You'd probably get much more feedback on it there. Good luck with your choice.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,793 Admin
    Copied to Boating
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • sneaky snookersneaky snooker Posts: 746 Officer
    Nobody out there with experience with Edgewaters ???
    2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,382 Officer
    I know you are stoked about the Edgewater, but apparently there's not may owners out there. I bought a new bay boat last year and went through the same thing as you. Went to every boat show, asked questions on every forum and searched the internet for input. I decided to buy a boat that had been on the marked for a while with plenty of owners. That way, I was able to get real answers from real owners.