The folks at Sport Trail Rock!

Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
As I am patiently waiting for my first bird to finally be ready for pick up, my trailer is almost ready and I am scheduled to go to MS to pick it up. Kevin from Sport Trail called today and told me that there is an issue with the ratchet type transom straps attaching correctly on the 2011. He asked me to call Frank and see if there was any way the transom eyes could be relocated to accommodate the ratchet straps his company installs on the custom Sport Trail trailer for the 2011. The normal place the ratchet strap attaches would be hindered by the trim tabs on the 2011. After speaking with Frank at Egret, it would be a pretty big deal to move the already installed transom eyelets. I called Kevin back and asked him to call Frank. He did so. I later called Frank back and he told me the ratchet straps would not work with the 2011 and I agreed that a standard manual strap would have to suffice. I called Kevin back to tell him that I'd settle for the standard manual straps. In the 45 minutes or so that elapsed from our initial conversation, Kevin had already began a re-engineering of the transom ratchet strap attachment points. He took pictures he had from a previous build where the owner had to move the transom eyes post purchase. Using the picture and specs from the 2011, he re-engineered the lights and steps on the trailer to accommodate a mounting point for the ratchet style straps. When I told him I would settle for a manual strap, his response was, "We don't build trailers with the same engineering everyone else has used since the 1970's." To me, that is true customer service. He knew I wanted the ratchet style straps and did everything possible to be sure I was happy. Rest assured, every trailer I own from this point forward will be a Sport Trail. I can not wait to pick up my truly custom trailer Friday. If there is anyone wanting an awesome trailer for your rig with the best customer service, call the guys at Sport Trail. Tell them Bad Behavior sent ya!!
Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado

Replies

• rocketman1rocketman1 Posts: 187 Deckhand
    Yes sir. Kevin is super detailed and will get it right for sure. Congrats on the build.
    NO HABITAT = NO FISH
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    That's pretty impressive. I criss-cross the transom ratchet straps on my Egret and the trim tabs are not in the way may that is what he did.

My question now is, did he install the Air Tights? Tight Lines... Pete
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Thanks rocketman and SWJ. The airtights he would have put on for me but with his confidence in the ones he uses, I just told him to go that route. Hoping not a mistake! I can always install them if I feel the need!
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado