Hooked a very large Hammerhead Shark today.

I had a 45 minute argument with a very large Hammerhead shark near Cape Romano today. I edited the video down to under 5 minutes, shot with a GoPro.

I have been making some videos about my adventures, thought you all may like them.

Check it out!
Always an adventure with Captain House! 10,000 islands fishing guide - Hail me on channel 16 "Captain House C'mon!" www.Capt-House.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] youtube-icon-small.gif Check Out My YouTube Channel

Replies

• KittykillerKittykiller Posts: 114 Deckhand
    Nice Shark.. how big is your KW bay reef?
  • CaptHouseCaptHouse Posts: 41 Deckhand
    Thanks KittyKiller, she is a 196. 2004. Solid boat. I was trying to estimate the length of this shark, I figure between 6 and 8 feet.
    Always an adventure with Captain House! 10,000 islands fishing guide - Hail me on channel 16 "Captain House C'mon!" www.Capt-House.com
    CaptHouse wrote: »
    Thanks KittyKiller, she is a 196. 2004. Solid boat. I was trying to estimate the length of this shark, I figure between 6 and 8 feet.

I thought that's what it was. I have 04' 186 and love it. I do wish I had the front live well though. Thanks for the posts and videos!
    I use that front livewell for all my bait and rear I put my catch to keep them alive til I return to the marina. Works very well! I LOVE my KW though, great boat. Got any photos of the 186??
    This is a photo from about 2 years ago camping off of White Horse. Since then I have added a MK Riptide ST 80lb Trolling with I-Pilot. It has changed my life and i cant imagine fishing without one. Would like a T-top but feel its just a little too small plus would compromise casting room on the bow and stern. I have really enjoyed the boat and am thinking about upgrading to the KW 24 BR in the next few years.
    I have camped just across the channel from this spot on Gullivan many times. Great spot!

Yeah, I am so mixed about the T-Top. I love the storage, the sun cover, I have a box up top to keep my radio...but it gets in the way! Anything smaller than the 196 I think the TTop would be too much. I went to the boat show in Bonita and saw the new Bay Reef KW and I was super impressed with how they designed the rear seating so it can double as a fishing platform. Great boats for sure.

I have been really researching the I-Pilot stuff, you are the second person today to mention how its a game changer. Maybe after a while I will save up some $$ and do it. The last trolling motor I had rusted away...Great looking boat BTW. She is PURDY!!