Bobcat swimming in 10,000 Islands

Coming back from fishing we saw this bobcat swimming from island to island near Buzzard Key. He was close to the boat and growled at me!

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,084 Officer
    Great picture.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • BettyBetty Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    It was cool to see. We also saw about 6 sawfish.
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 503 Officer
    Great pic. They're kinda rare to see. I've seen a couple before but not many
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    Nice...have never seen one swimming before
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    cool!
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • BobberBobber Posts: 916 Officer
    I've seen coyotes and bears swimming the channels too, but I give em a wide berth and don't have cool pics like that one.
  • FishinMcNutFishinMcNut Posts: 536 Officer
    Capt Jeff Legutki video'd a panther (cougar) doing the same a couple months ago.
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    The growled at me comment made me smile. Great picture and thank you for sharing.

Fish the Everglades and 10,000 islands with Hopefishing.com. Also offering multiple day all inclusive fishing/camping trips
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,189 Captain
    Great pic of that bobcat... We see them occasionally down to the south where they're kind of orange looking in the brown water. If you got growled at you just might have been a bit too close... but that's how you get a great photo. Around a year ago we actually saw a pair of bobcats running up and down the beach just east of Graveyard (that was a first for me - it must have been springtime...)
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Posts: 191 Officer
    Never saw a bobcat in the water before.. only seen some racoons in the channel and one out just west of indian key in the gulf.. which was interesting to say the least.

Awesome photo!

Charles