Kingfish boats offshore = Tiger sharks from the Beach

We hit the beach and paddled out four baits. The bite had been slow, but the kingfish boats were thick offshore, which is always a good sign for tigers. First hookup was on Peter Buban's rod. It was a 9'9" tiger shark. After releasing that tiger, Will Fundora hooked up to another tiger measuring 9'4". While Tyler was paddling another bait his reel began clicking, but the shark got off. Then Peter's 80w went off and it was another tiger! It was also 9'4", but it was much thicker. My friend Zach was anxious to catch his first tiger. Peter's 130 went off and he gave it to Zach. It ended up being a big fat nurse shark.

Here is the video:

Overall, it was a great night of fishing.

Replies

• e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    Epic!
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    Nice catch, from what beach?
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Nice job. How long does it take to bring one of those things in, and from how far out... 100yds?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,473 Captain
    Nice catchin' !
    We were southbound along the beach a couple weeks ago just before dark (No. palm bch area) - was getting flash beamed heavily by someone on the beach - that's when we turned away from the shoreline - my buddy says "shark fishermen" - we're too close in.
    Must have been you guys.

Pura Vida!
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Three tigers in one night??? Wow, comgrats
  • swordawetswordawet 337 miles WNW of GTCPosts: 626 Officer
    Toothy sucker
    "Today's the Day" .... Mel Fisher
  • blacktip hunterblacktip hunter Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Nice catch, from what beach?

I can't say, but it was on the east coast. :)
  • blacktip hunterblacktip hunter Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Nice job. How long does it take to bring one of those things in, and from how far out... 100yds?

We were out between 250-300yds. They don't fight much, less than 15 minutes.