P.C. 5-28-14

Fished with 2 of my Buds on thurs off Port Can weather was nice in the am but picked up a stiff south east breeze in the afternoon making it sloppy. We started off good with a nice cow:cool: as we set the lines:fishing the flatline goes off and thinking the clip was loose reset it and then the outrigger pops.! One out of two as the flatline comes in baitless:banghead Set back up and it is dead city.
IMG_1060_zpsff87da23.jpg
Stayed on the troll with nada so we catchup a few grunts and sunfish and drop to the bottom. I jigged my grunt a few times to get the line twist out and bang bowed up:grin It is peeling drag and then I get a few pumps on it and have it coming my way pole is twitching so of course Im thinking it is 1 of them redthingys but as it hit the surface :cool Mr gag.
IMG_1064_zps2659d86e.jpg
Caught a few of them redthingys after that so we went back on the troll looking for the bite to turn back on and it never did for us.
IMG_1066_zpsf245e54e.jpg
It ended that way but we had a great time on the water with good friends and lots of stories.

DTM

Replies

• Day TripperDay Tripper Posts: 507 Officer
    Nice job... how was the water temps? when it went from 78 last week to 83.9 this past Tuesday, trolling was dead for us also.
  • loyskiloyski Posts: 200 Deckhand
    Wow nice gag!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,893 Captain
    that's a biggin looks like a great day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• dtmdtm Posts: 327 Deckhand
    Nice job... how was the water temps? when it went from 78 last week to 83.9 this past Tuesday, trolling was dead for us also.
    I don't monitor the temps probably should though.
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 339 Deckhand
    Nice gag.
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!