Palm Beach Fishing Company 5/30 recap (Sail, SLAMMER BULL, Rainbow and File City!!)

Recap of last 24 hours on Dirtyfin (Palm Beach Fishing Company)
But before I begin, want to share a brief video I call "Jack City Jack Jack City ****" LOL
Working at Sailfish Marina is cool, and I swear the Jacks recognize me when I walk to fish table!! LOL

Thursday AM, put up the kites in 130’ out front LWI. Cobalt blue water flyers getting up 1.5 knots N current.

10 minutes in a 23-25lb class bull eats left short and gets gaffed in dome (great fight lots of jumps).
Went on troll in deep and caught some Bonitas. Ran up to Juno ledge and clobbered the rainbow runners and Filefish.
All in all a decent short trip and guests were pleased.

This AM the water inside 100 was green but Blue after 150’.
15 minutes in Bmac calls out left long SHARK (dorsal) I smiled and dropped back because I saw a bill!!
Yeah Buddy we are tight on a HUGE sail that we fought for 10 minutes then pulled the hook.

No love on dead bait troll in 300-450
Back to Juno Ledge where we again railed the Rainbow Runners, Bonitas, Banded Rudders etc.

Birds eating Filefish and mahi Tacos w a side of Rainbow Runner Sushi. Best of luck to all in the ZOO / Tournaments
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Eric you must have a TIME MACHINE as the post is for 5/31/14. Nice report and catch. Big question ???????? when will we see the Wahoo on the HST?
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    LET'S GO wrote: »
    Eric you must have a TIME MACHINE as the post is for 5/31/14. Nice report and catch. Big question ???????? when will we see the Wahoo on the HST?

Ooops U got me Bo, should be 5/30.:hairraiser
    I am getting OLD. In fact I hope to come out of semi retirement on some hoos shortly
    (stay tuned and TLG (Team Let's Go) is awesome! I actually rigged a daisy chain like one of your "BO-Getters"!
    It got eaten by a large fish earlier this week. Based on bust it looked like a TUNA! It spooled the reel before we could clear spreadP
    U guys have more fun and eat better than many folks on the H20!! :hail:hail
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Eric I thought that I was the only one that makes mistakes and I am OLD AND LUCKILY I KEEP GETTING OLDER. My BO-GETTER. is a COPY of your (SNYLINDER) wish it was my idea but it's yours. We will watch for your que on the Hoos.!!!!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    You do it all including teaching clients how to hold fish...

enuvyty5.jpg

I learned from the best :wink
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    RR's = Excellent sushi
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    GT Fish wrote: »
    RR's = Excellent sushi
    Word up GT and tight work on your "Good Times" Island haul! :hail

PS Paulboat while good "extension" helps if you look closely, you will see this is not me.:grin
    This is Captain "B-Mac". These Rainbows are "slippery" and I declined his request to pause from Blitz to hold one for photo after client dropped 2x!! Not exactly "mutiny" but Bmac took bull by horns LOL. :hairraiser

Talk about a small world!! One of guests today (Tom) was a friend of my dad from 20++ years!! Talk about a successful guy who loves family, he is the man

PS Nice work Team Paulboat and Joseph / Sarah and your "other son" on your FULL fish box!
    I have a lot of respect for you, your family and the pros you select to continue to help you REPRESENT!
    It's cool to have a GREAT family and I think I speak for many of us who respect SUCCESS!!
    (IN business, life and as a mentor to your wonderful children)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScottRScottR Posts: 976 Officer
    Wait a minute... you're allowed to report on catches from previous fishing days and not just from the future??? Well that changes EVERYTHING!! :grin

Brutal out there today......
    USCG Licensed Captain, 100T Masters, STCW/BST, PADI Rescue Diver
    Offshore Fishing/Diving & Charter Services, Bahamas/Caribbean Travel, Deliveries, Maintenance/Refits
    [email protected]
    www.runyourboat.com
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Everyone who said the date was off is old... Looks fine to me :grin

Great day Eric and crew. Thanks for the report!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,108 Captain
    Looks like a lot of fun E$!!! I have not tried the rainbow runner sushi, but now that you mention it, I need to give it a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,473 Captain
    E$ - great report, tight work. Good vid of the jacks... seen them at sailfish before.
    Whats the best (read: easiest)way to catch those RR's - I'd love to try them.

Pura Vida!
    BigBillFL wrote: »
    E$ - great report, tight work. Good vid of the jacks... seen them at sailfish before.
    Whats the best (read: easiest)way to catch those RR's - I'd love to try them.

Thx Bill!! Best way is to "double team" them.
    We have one rod set up as guppy w 30lb pink fluoro and 2 1/0 Mustads and 5 ounce bank.
    Second rod is a spinner w 15lb test pink ande tied directly to a 1/0 owner.(ssw)

We chum and toss small pieces of Bonita. We drop the guppy down approx 20 feet. When we hook a rainbow, the others follow to boat like dolphin. Now toss the spinner and let it drift back freely open bail
    Now we have 2 on. Box fish and repeat. This works on the files too! Best location 110-130' on Juno ledge.
    Note have other spinners rigged w 40lb mono for the Bonita's and mahis that crash the party
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Very nice!
  • StepaboStepabo Posts: 1,052 Officer
    Viva La Eric, Salud,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.”
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    I'll take rainbow runner over Mahi any day, but, I don't think they keep well, so fresh that day or the next only, no more and no freezing...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702