Home Off Topic

17-year-old girl beaten Friday by her boyfriend over tangled fishing

tagtag Posts: 8,920 Admiral
The 17-year-old girl who was allegedly beaten Friday by her boyfriend over text messages and tangled fishing lines is reportedly showing signs of improvement after undergoing emergency brain surgery.

Hannah Connaway opened her eyes Wednesday, spoke with family and was upgraded to fair condition, WECT.com reported. Her boyfriend, Michael Hutton, 18, was charged with attempted first-degree murder among other charges that could amount to a jail sentence of life without parole.

"He was angry because he couldn't untangle fishing lines," Claudene Williams, who said she was with the couple during the fight, told the station. She went on to say he was upset over her "snarky" remarks.

"I keep on hearing her screaming and I keep on hearing all the sounds and it's just awful. I ran around the front door. I tried to get in. All the doors were locked. It was just awful," Williams told the station.

The alleged attack occurred inside Hutton's parent's home in Wilmington, N.C., on Friday and ended in the front yard. The WECT.com report said his parents were out of town.

Hutton's lawyer reportedly said his client suffers from alcohol-induced seizures, which could have triggered the event. Bail was set at $1 million

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/29/north-carolina-teen-allegedly-beaten-by-boyfriend-over-tangled-fishing-lines/?intcmp=latestnews#

Replies

• Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    He shouldn't be breathing, he's a loser.....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    Wait tangled fishing lines inside the house?
    Parents were out of town?
    I see a little police brutality too.
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain

Good! Any scum bag that hits a girl deserves worse than a black eye.
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Looks like someone got a lick on him.
  • optimistic Angleroptimistic Angler Posts: 626 Officer

Maybe she did it (I hope so)
  • FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    I love that they have already come up with thier defense. What a jerk.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • mastercastermastercaster Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Hutton's lawyer reportedly said his client suffers from alcohol-induced seizures

Some lawyers once again proving to be the most disgusting humans in existence.
  • BottombouncerBottombouncer Posts: 678 Officer
    Have you people ever tried to untangle braid? That can be very stressful!
    This guy clearly has not heard of the "Rule of Thumb".

All kidding aside, it's too bad lynch mobs are a thing of the past.
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    "alcohol-induced seizures"

Hey, join the crowd buddy. It happens to a lot of us ........ lol
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG

All kidding aside, it's too bad lynch mobs are a thing of the past.

Yep.... that is a "broken toy"...of no use to society.

It would be a public service to exterminate him..like any bug or vermin.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    Some lawyers once again proving to be the most disgusting humans in existence.

I hope there is a special place in Hades for lawyers like that....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,741 Captain
    How do you think her father feels about this?

This would be my retaliation:
    [video=youtube_share;Oi3Hyxuf5AE]
    "Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
    "Gary why...Gary why".... Why do you think you idiot?

5 years probation sounds fair....

but he still should get a prize for the good shot.....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • apprenticebaiterapprenticebaiter Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    He is 18 why would he know that he has alcohol induced seizures?
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,829 AG
    He is 18 why would he know that he has alcohol induced seizures?

Good old boys making noise
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    I'd like to have a seizure next to him with my 4 iron in hand!
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    "Gary why...Gary why".... Why do you think you idiot?

5 years probation sounds fair....

but he still should get a prize for the good shot.....

Great shot! I wouldn't have convicted him either. He's a hero in my book and one less lowlife scum child molester off the face of the earth.
    If you have alcohol induced seizures don't freaking drink alcohol.
  • mad dog bitemad dog bite Posts: 423 Officer
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    Good! Any scum bag that hits a girl deserves worse than a black eye.

They're not all angels you know, I have known some pretty mouthy women.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They're not all angels you know, I have known some pretty mouthy women.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't give a rats ****, walk the F away then. "Anyone" that's hits a woman is a scum bag coward piece of chit! And this dirt bag almost killed her. I hope Bubba has fun with him while he's incarcerated!
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,829 AG
    There's always reason to hit s woman, just dont do it. Idx never ever hit a woman, but id shake the **** out of one!-Chris rock
  • anglingarchitectanglingarchitect Posts: 1,492 Officer
    How do you think her father feels about this?

This would be my retaliation:
    [video=youtube_share;Oi3Hyxuf5AE]

I knew Jeff this guys brother when this happened.
    rent my beach house
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    First off this mutt should be tried and shot sometime next week. No reason to delay.

But I'd like to know if the girls parents knew their daughter was dating this loser?
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    more

Connaway's Condition (updated Wednesday)

Michael Hutton is accused of creating serious internal damage to Connaway's brain. Connaway's Grandfather, Jerry Strickland, said she needed brain surgery after the assault.

Connaway was in critical condition, but has since been upgraded to fair as of Wednesday.

"Hannah opened her eyes today and was hoarsely talking to Sunny and I," Claudene Williams, friend of Connaway and witness of the assault said. She was "telling us she loves and that she is happy to see us. She seems a bit confused but is flashing us bright smiles. The left side of her body is still not moving like the doctors would like, but it will get there hopefully."

Connaway's friends and family held a candlelight service Monday night to show her family they are loved and supported by all their friends in this community during this difficult time.

Sunny Platt, one of Connaway's friends, said Connaway had committed to going to the University of Hawaii next year to further her education.

Suspect's Ex-Girlfriend Speaks

Montgomery Register was one onlooker in the courtroom Tuesday. Register said she used to date Michael Hutton.

"There's a lot that went on in the five and a half years that we did date," said Register.

She would not say whether or not she had been assaulted by Hutton in the time she dated him.

"I'm not going to put that out there, but people are going to believe what they want to believe and people that know me, know the things that I've been put through," said Register.

She did state that her relationship with Hutton wasn't always great.

"He's not a good guy. I've forgiven him. I've forgiven him. Like I said, I'm a Christian 100 percent. I have no grudge against him or his family, but I feel for the people he put after me after I left, after I walked away."

Victim's Grandmother Speaks

Cynthia Strickland describes her granddaughter, Hannah Connaway, as a brilliant, beautiful, and caring young girl who loves people. She says Hannah was aware of Hutton's mental instabilities.

"Hannah thought she could save him," Strickland said. "She thought she could help him."

Strickland says her granddaughter had been dating Hutton for about two months. While she never met him, she says she is praying for his family, too.

"This is emotional for both families," Strickland says.

Since Hannah was rushed into emergency surgery over the weekend, Strickland says the hospital has been flooded with friends holding a constant vigil for the 17-year-old's recovery.

Strickland, who many know as a prominent real estate broker in the Wilmington area remains faithful that her granddaughter will pull through. She admits, though, doctors are hesitant to speak on her prognosis since she suffered a serious brain injury.

"She was leaving in August to attend college in Hawaii and study mechanical engineering," Strickland said. "I'm still hoping she will be able to go."

Strickland is also hopeful that something good will come from all of this---especially preventing it from happening to someone else.

"I saw a bunch of guys at the hospital last night and I wanted to say to them if you know a friend who is not kind to a female, you should let somebody know," Strickland said. "If we had heard from one of those girls that had already had a bad experience with him (Hutton), this could have been avoided.
    http://www.waff.com/story/25621522/update-hannah-connaway-showing-signs-of-improvement
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Don BDon B Posts: 857 Officer
    cpr wrote: »
    First off this mutt should be tried and shot sometime next week. No reason to delay.

But I'd like to know if the girls parents knew their daughter was dating this loser?

Oh, I'm sure they knew, and told her what a loser he was, and she told them it's her life and they can't stop her. Maybe next time she'll make better choices, but I doubt it, probably will come to his defense.

And he he needs to be put out of the world's misery.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    cpr wrote: »

Why wait so long?
    tunaman wrote: »
    Why wait so long?

Monday was a holiday, it was a short week.:wink

• tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    I couldn't be a cop, temptation too great. Guess thats why theres always several of them.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Why don't we put the accused girl friend beater on trial and convict him before we string him up? We don't need to go throwing the Constitution out the window just yet. Then we give him a fair punishment. Cane the guy, give him 5 years on a Cool Hand Luke prison farm that hand digs roadside drainage ditches in the Everglades, cane him again upon release and let him know the next time he is convicted of any crime we will really be hard on him.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • 10X10X Posts: 501 Deckhand
    Like the old John Wayne movie where he told the guy you will get a fair trial and then properly hanged.