BASH UPDATE: Status

As of this post, we now have a total of 10 boats entered and 30 shirts sold(20 to the bash committee).

Since we can not get back the $274 spent to secure the park, the Bash will go on however small it may be. The deadline to cancel the tent, tables and chairs is tomorrow and unless something drastic changes tonight I will cancel them and offer those sponsors that donated for the tent their money back. I would like to personally thank Kamrell Windows and doors, Lindsey Plumbing, Attorney Brian Bedell, and Hill York Mechanical Contractors for the generous cash donations that made the tent possible. I will be contacting you as soon as I get the contract at Tent Logix cancelled.

We Have the Drunkin Dolphin and several nice prizes to raffle and award to the few that fish.

We are working on some other nice stuff to raffle and/or award as prizes.

We also have several half and full day fishing charters to live auction.

We recommend that you bring lawn chairs and EZ shades if you have them so you can get out of the sun.

Replies

• Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,273 Officer
    So in short there will be a tournament, but no party and food afterwards... Can I bid on a certain charter that was going to go for auction?
  • SeneSene Posts: 174 Officer
    In my opinion the event will still be strong. Last year we signed up most people the day of the captains meeting. Had 150 buckets, maybe 50 signed up the day before the captains meeting and the rest of the people signed up last minute. We ended up about 30 buckets short or with less swag. Keep my money it was donated for the cause. I say keep the tent or rent a pavilion.
  • Dave MeyerDave Meyer Posts: 275 Deckhand
    Sene wrote: »
    In my opinion the event will still be strong. Last year we signed up most people the day of the captains meeting. Had 150 buckets, maybe 50 signed up the day before the captains meeting and the rest of the people signed up last minute. We ended up about 30 buckets short or with less swag. Keep my money it was donated for the cause. I say keep the tent or rent a pavilion.

We have the big pavilion at Sandsprit park, that's what the $274 covered and it has electricity. And we have insurance so we are good there. It would be nice if people who planned on attending would post and let us know. It is impossible to know how much food and misc items to purchase and prepare if we don't have a good idea of how many people to expect. We just don't know what to expect.
  • Dave MeyerDave Meyer Posts: 275 Deckhand
    So in short there will be a tournament, but no party and food afterwards... Can I bid on a certain charter that was going to go for auction?

There absolutely will be a cookout and party. We are planning about 75 meals right now and we have the capability to increase that but with so little response it is impossible to plan.