Fish mount recomendations

About a month ago my son, 1DeadBait caught a 62lb dolphin, you may remember seeing our post. We have decided to get the fish replicated. We want the fish to look real and we're asking if anyone has any personal experience getting a fish mounted or replicated. We have a company in mind but were wondering what you guys thought or could recommend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
“When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia

Replies

• EjazzleEjazzle Posts: 110 Officer
    I used http://newwavetaxidermy.com/ the other two big companies don't even compare when it comes to quality and how real these mounts look. I am about to order another mount from them here in the next week or so. The work they do is amazing, it will blow your mind. Also they are a locally owned family business that truly takes pride in their work. Their work really is unbelievable.
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Gray is one of the largest in the business, but don't know about how good they are at "replication" from a picture...

I have a friend that has used Browns in Cape Canaveral and said very good things about them. I've been to both Gray's and Brown's and Gray's is HUGE, and Brown's is more intimate...

http://www.browntaxidermy.com/

http://graytaxidermy.com/

PM E$ I believe he has this done for clients of Palm Beach Fishing Company now and then...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
    New wave taxidermy! We've got a 40" snook and 32" trout replica in the living room from them and it looks great!
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    IMO the best by far at replications is King Sailfish Mounts in Ft Lauderdale, their dolphin looks better than the real thing, they also don't pay charter boats hefty $$ to encourage killing fish that don't need to be killed just for the mount.
  • JI SnookJI Snook Posts: 676 Officer
    Raymond at King Sailfish Mounts is very talented.
  • Lotta BullLotta Bull Posts: 146 Officer
    Grays taxidermy is by far the best.

LottaBull Fishing Charters
  • BigJoupBigJoup Posts: 171 Officer
    Ejazzle wrote: »
    I used http://newwavetaxidermy.com/ the other two big companies don't even compare when it comes to quality and how real these mounts look. I am about to order another mount from them here in the next week or so. The work they do is amazing, it will blow your mind. Also they are a locally owned family business that truly takes pride in their work. Their work really is unbelievable.

If you're in Stuart I would highly recommend stopping by New Wave Taxidermy, Mike and his son Buddy are awesome! You can see first hand what their work looks like. The two fish (40" snook 32" trout) they have done for us look absolutely amazing!
    Treasure Coast Battery & Alternator 772-287-0301

Treasure Coast Tackle www.treasurecoasttackle.com

"That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well"- Abraham Lincoln
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    I second King also... I have 6 of their products here in the condo.
    also had a magnificent mako shark done that i gave to my squadron ( The Makos) when I retired....
    2392.jpg
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    dpdash wrote: »
    IMO the best by far at replications is King Sailfish Mounts in Ft Lauderdale, their dolphin looks better than the real thing, they also don't pay charter boats hefty $$ to encourage killing fish that don't need to be killed just for the mount.

doug is correct. I've dealt with them for a long time... Great people.
    2392.jpg
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Since I'm going home this weekend. I plan on visiting Kings Sailfish, New Wave And Gary's and hope to make a decision this weekend. Will post the end results later. Thanks for all your help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    You might get a lot of recommendations for a certain place because that's the one that mainly sells through charter boats. Not saying they don't do good work...

But I second King. Have had several catches replicated and they do excellent work. They did this sail for me about 3 yrs ago.

erutyjed.jpg