STUD YELLOWFIN, GAFFER DOLPHIN, BIG YELLOWEYES - BDAY WEEKEND ON THE OTHER SIDE!

13»

Replies

• Tuna_Slayer125Tuna_Slayer125 Posts: 63 Deckhand
    Awesome!
    1364926607_catching_bass_with_hand.gif?resize=270%2C150
    Good Luck out There!
  • Jupiter SailsJupiter Sails Posts: 180 Officer
    Awesome trip, once again. Memorable trip for sure. Congrats!
    2016 32ST Contender, Merc 350s
  • Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 941 Officer
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    What am I chopped liver? LOL

Big brother is great! They talk and scheme behind my back about getting the boat all slimed up with chunks.... hehe

Ha, not exactly chopped liver lol. Great video. Can't believe how much space that boat has in the cockpit.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,193 AG
    Lazy Bones wrote: »
    Can't believe how much space that boat has in the cockpit.

Hehe........ Paul probably got tired oif me yakking at him about how much room Grady cockpits have (since I've had three of them!).

Great report and Happy B/Day! I have a 'Big' one of my own next week! :hairraiser

I've never see a rod with the first eye, 90 degrees off to the rest but I think that I can see why..... Nice looking setups! Boat looks awesome too! Take good care of my future boat for when you move up again! :rotflmao

Tell my fishing buddy I said "Hi"! :dance
  • BarracudaBarracuda Posts: 767 Officer
    great video with all the action!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Lazy Bones wrote: »
    Ha, not exactly chopped liver lol. Great video. Can't believe how much space that boat has in the cockpit.

It is enormous...
    Gary M wrote: »
    Hehe........ Paul probably got tired oif me yakking at him about how much room Grady cockpits have (since I've had three of them!).

Great report and Happy B/Day! I have a 'Big' one of my own next week! :hairraiser

I've never see a rod with the first eye, 90 degrees off to the rest but I think that I can see why..... Nice looking setups! Boat looks awesome too! Take good care of my future boat for when you move up again! :rotflmao

Tell my fishing buddy I said "Hi"! :dance

Gmon - are you back from St. Maarten yet?? Looked like another great trip.

I told him that you were apparently in the vicinity on the previous trip, so he asked if we should hail you this time.

Rod info:
    http://www.acidrod.com/acidrods.html

Barracuda wrote: »
    great video with all the action!

Thx. All in all we probably fished 8-10 hours. We try to mix it up between family time and fishing. It's easy to forget that Joseph is only 9. He thinks he's invincible but even the energizer bunny eventually shuts down. I have to keep an eye on him, keep him hydrated etc... So we do our "BEST" with 2 adults and a kid :wink

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,193 AG
    Gmon - are you back from St. Maarten yet?? Looked like another great trip.

Yep, back from de islands! Finally finished off my Trip Report.......

I'll send this Trip link to my New Zeaalnd bro-in-law so that he can see your rods. Plus, he's familiar with Gradys and there are a few down there running charters! He uses Newell rods where the line comes off the reel and goes INSIDE the rod blank and comes out at the end in a trumpet type tip and he swears by them. He'll be interested in seeing your new ones. Joseph was handing the fish like the rod was made for him! Wow! Some BIG dolphin too!

Thanks for posting the Report! Looking forward to seeing my future boat some day! :hail
  • nick cnick c Posts: 182 Officer
    Very nice video! Joseph is da man!!!!! Great trip, fishing with a little tough just fishing chunks and gogs, live chum seems to be the ticket right now. Killed 8 yellow and a pile of mahi and blackfin thursday friday with another old time forum member ;)
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Paul I would say you are a lucky man, but I think it is more skill and determination!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • jrod2940jrod2940 Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Awesome video. On my last trip one of the guys had his go pro so finally we were going to get a tuna video. So we left it on when we got in to some good fish when he got home only 2 min of video. He forgot to erase the memory card. Oh well I guess you and Joseph have to come on the next trip over.
    naveensig4.jpg
  • Serenity NowSerenity Now Posts: 434 Deckhand
    As always, awesome. Just got caught up on most of your Youtubes. Love the solo reactions. Looks like you got "Minnie Me" dialed in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Surreel Life"
    2014 Seahunt Gamefish 25
    I am just imagining what could have been caught if the bananas weren't on the boat!!

We read / hear of folks turning around because they forgot the bait or tacklebox at the ramp... I've been known to turn around because I forgot the bananas on the kitchen counter :banana
    nick c wrote: »
    Very nice video! Joseph is da man!!!!! Great trip, fishing with a little tough just fishing chunks and gogs, live chum seems to be the ticket right now. Killed 8 yellow and a pile of mahi and blackfin thursday friday with another old time forum member ;)

Maybe "he" can now stop whining, moaning and groaning... LOL
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 2,038 Captain
    Just one word....WOW....you nailed it again, what a time over there! And a very very happy belated birthday to you! We are hitting Lubbers early September, may need some tips from you guys!
    Well done. I like how the video progresses from spotting the flock to fighting the fish, to gaffing them and finally, the tally. I enjoy the family photos as well as that's what it's all about.

Just for you.... here's the family fun time part of the trip... :wink

[video=youtube_share;9N0DJFNwd5U]

http://youtu.be/9N0DJFNwd5U
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Great memories..Thanks for sharing.
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Just for you.... here's the family fun time part of the trip... :wink

[video=youtube_share;9N0DJFNwd5U]

http://youtu.be/9N0DJFNwd5U

I had a smile on my face the entire time watching that video. No fish, but just as good if not better than the other video!! Song choice was perfect. I had no doubt you would be able to satisfy the family and get on the fish. I like the beginning where Sarah was serious and on her tablet, then seconds later when she's on camera again, she's as silly as she should be. Thanks for the video.

By the way, have you already thought about getting a matching penn torque? Can't just have one, right? When you have a boat, all combos need to be in at least pairs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Great video Paul, love it!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm glad you all liked both videos.

So true Long... Why is it that we always want / buy tackle in pairs? One for each side? I doubt it though. If the kids wouldn't be upset, it would've made its way back to Tuppens.
  • Cajun MartyniCajun Martyni Posts: 57 Deckhand
    Great thread! PM sent
  • BacDocBacDoc Posts: 704 Officer
    One of the best reports ever!

You got style Bro!
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 627 Officer
    epic! Great vid!
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • TeamPursuitTeamPursuit Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Great job! Enjoyed by all, nothing like passing on the tradition!! Congrats...
  • No LimitsNo Limits Posts: 113 Deckhand
    GREAT catching
    Love Lucaya
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Evans Escape
    Stamas Marine
  • Serenity NowSerenity Now Posts: 434 Deckhand
    You know restarting this thread is like slowly turning a knife into my heart. I am already prepping the new reels, checking the rod selection, buying the pink 60# Fluro for the 4x circles, buying the Spro swivels, debating on the pink 100# Fluro for live bait 4x hooks, and on and on and on........ It's a sickness we all share no matter the species. Only thing that makes me feel better is betting (great odds in my favor) Paul has already started packing and stock piling for the 2015 Family Trip lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Surreel Life"
    2014 Seahunt Gamefish 25
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    **** fine trip Paul!!! looking back a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bdog4x4Bdog4x4 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    who made the rods?