5-24 IRL Slam

Started off the morning (in the new Native watercraft ultimate Fx 15ft) throwing a top water since the trout bite has been hot, after landing several 20+ inch trout i hooked into something that fought very strangely...turns out its was 2 (23 in & 18 in) trout on the same lure! It felt more like i had a 16 inch trout, they must have been swimming in opposite directions and canceled each other out??

Switched to live bait and caught a few more 20+ inch trout and a 26 inch red!

Changed it up to assorted jerk baits and landed 6 snook (on the smaller side but still a blast) and 2 more reds.

Overall caught 10 trout (8 over 20 inches up to 25), 6 snook, and 3 slot reds. Also hooked up with 2 tarpon on top water...Kept my limit of trouts and reds, grilled them up for a memorial day pool party!:USA:hungry

Replies

• FowlMouth824FowlMouth824 Posts: 367 Deckhand
    Nice 2fer1 special there. If your catching line siders I'm gonna guess you were in the south end of the IRL?
  • GrassFlatsGrassFlats Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Nice catching and cool shot of the two trout on one lure!! How do u like the Ultimate FX? Im thinking about gettin one
  • wareagle85wareagle85 Posts: 164 Officer
    well done. sounds like a good day on the water. does grilling trout work out well? I have almost always done them in the pan.
  • SlamPieceSlamPiece Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    GrassFlats wrote: »
    Nice catching and cool shot of the two trout on one lure!! How do u like the Ultimate FX? Im thinking about gettin one

I love it! I first had the manta ray, then went to the Ultimate 15ft and then just upgraded to the Ultimate FX 15ft. Could not be happier with the FX...the seat (hi/low positioning), dual recessed anchor trolleys, adapt a track system, are just a few upgrades from the original ultimate. This kayak has the maneuverability of a kayak and the storage/stability of a large cannoe. The only downfall is if you are fishing in an area with waves this kayak is not self bailing since it does not have scupper holes, but ive never had an issue with this on the IRL or Lagoon. Highly reccommend the Ultimate FX!
  • SlamPieceSlamPiece Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    wareagle85 wrote: »
    well done. sounds like a good day on the water. does grilling trout work out well? I have almost always done them in the pan.

Trout tasted great on the grill! (i basically prefer everything on the grill though)...Used a fish basket, makes it so simple
  • jaredman1000jaredman1000 Posts: 196 Officer
    Team Native Watercraft :beer . Nice new ride man . Looks like you had a great day . keep your reports coming
    Native WaterCraft Redfish 14