Gelcoat Work

I need a few minor nicks in my gelcoat touched up, 4-5 very small areas, so it's no barn burner of a project, unfortunately for the person that would do it, but, do you guys have a few references that you've used in the past?

Trim Tabs are manufactured and installed finally, want to run to the Bahamas this weekend, but it's probably wise that we fish local for one day almost all of the system is new and untested... ...

Thanks much...
attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702

Replies

• schmaltz~herringschmaltz~herring Posts: 206 Officer
    Ron Ternullo is the best guy around. He has done work out of Jonathans where your boat is.
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Ron Ternullo is the best guy around. He has done work out of Jonathans where your boat is.

Excellent, thanks much... Although I'm moving the boat from Jonathan's, I can't take the restrictions of my mechanic (Al Nadal) only being able to work there on Tuesdays, too **** much hassle... If it can't be fixed/done in one day, or there's a part delay, I lose a FULL week and a weekend..... Untenable and unreasonable, and frankly, predatory IMO........

I really like the staff and experience, but, I just can't do it any longer, it has cost me too much time and frankly, I like Al too much to give him the additional stress (where he might have to rework his entire schedule to make sure he can work on our boat on a Tuesday) - - Just wrong all the way around...
  • Fish TailsFish Tails Posts: 164 Deckhand
    Ron just finished my boast Dave. He did a great job. I had a head discharge fitting removed that was just forward of my transducer.
    You can see his work on the Dakota port side. Agree with your rant about restrictions. Tim said that fiberglass guys are not restricted as they don't have a fiberglass guy on staff. Ron T. 561-308-8637
    LastMango wrote: »
    I need a few minor nicks in my gelcoat touched up, 4-5 very small areas, so it's no barn burner of a project, unfortunately for the person that would do it, but, do you guys have a few references that you've used in the past?

Trim Tabs are manufactured and installed finally, want to run to the Bahamas this weekend, but it's probably wise that we fish local for one day almost all of the system is new and untested... ...

Thanks much...
    Fish Tails wrote: »
    Tim said that fiberglass guys are not restricted as they don't have a fiberglass guy on staff. Ron T. 561-308-8637

This confirms my "predatory" perspective... And, by the way, I think Jimmy (and all the guys there) are about as nice as they come, but, I've been using Al for 6 years and I should haven't to wait for only Tuesdays, and Al shouldn't have to be treated like a 2nd class citizen either... Hence, why I am moving the boat...
  • RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    Come on over to Blowing Rocks, Al's on my boat every other day Ha!
  • StepaboStepabo Posts: 1,052 Officer
    Congrats Dave on getting the boat up, look forward to some positive reports and if you don't head out this weekend Plane Fish N, Doc, and I are planning a hook up Sunday evening maybe you can join us, thinking U Tiki. Rondo, if you read this, love to have you and that lovely little lady of yours too.
    Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.”
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
  • Greg_BGreg_B Posts: 118 Officer
    I was just thinking about moving the boat there, not that I use it a whole lot, but don't like those Tuesday restrictions. Any thoughts about other good places to keep a boat around here? I'm at Jupiter Pointe and they just raised the rates by about 15%
    Greg_B wrote: »
    I was just thinking about moving the boat there, not that I use it a whole lot, but don't like those Tuesday restrictions. Any thoughts about other good places to keep a boat around here? I'm at Jupiter Pointe and they just raised the rates by about 15%

Here's the deal.... The service at Jonathan's Landing is great.... The guys that work there are great... Jimmy, the onsite mechanic is great... BUT, if you have your own guy(s), that you've used for years, decades, whatever, it doesn't matter, they can ONLY work on your boat on Tuesday...

Oh, and, if you're moving for costs, fah-get-about-it, Jonathan's Landing is more expensive, about $150 month or so for our current boat, which, I don't have a problem with at all, but, the Tuesday only thing just pushed me over the edge... Tim, Nathan, Jason, CJ, etc., all great great guys, and frankly, I'll miss them, but, I just can't take the "Tuesday only" thing any longer, it's just untenable in my mind...