6/28 Abaco Run - Buddy Boat?

Hi All - we are running to Guana leaving out of Fort Pierce first thing on 6/28 for a week. Anyone else heading over then that wants to buddy boat loosely on the way over?

We'll shoot straight across to Spanish to check in. Running a 25 Bluewater. 25-30 knots depending on conditions. Maybe a little faster if it's flat.
37 Seahunter "Dilemma"

Replies

• Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,388 Captain
    We just made that run on our 28 Bluewater for a week from Stuart over to Marsh Harbour and got back a couple days ago. While I can't offer a buddy boat for your trip, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the run across the bank but it's rather easy. We shot over the 60 miles from SLI to White Sands and went up on the bank there and made a straight 62 mile shot to the south side of Great Sale Cay. Then onto the south side of Veteran's Rock, then continued down and around to Center of the World rock, Angelfish Point, and down around to Spanish to clear. Thankfully, the weather was perfect and the bank was so calm we almost couldn't make out the horizon while heading SE but looking back to the west. It was insane. Our run home the other day with a 15 kt SE wind was 6 hours back on the nose from Marsh Harbour.

Keep in mind, at Spanish Cay if you clear Bahamian Customs there the marina charges an extra $50.00, so you'll be looking at $200 total to clear. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and have a safe run over.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • chick-a-deechick-a-dee Posts: 1,452 Officer
    I can't offer a buddy boat for your trip

Darn! I was hoping you posted something like "Yeah, we'll be heading back over that way around that time!" :)
  • Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    I was over on Spanish Cay last week. And it was odd for the sky and water to be the same color. Couldn't make out the horizon all most dream like.
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,530 Admin
    I'm gonna put a copy of this thread over on the "Tropical Crossings and Buddy Boats" section, if you don't mind.
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/forumdisplay.php?216-Crossings-and-Buddy-Boats
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • SnapperSlapperSnapperSlapper Posts: 137 Officer
    Thanks guys.

ya Dave, nice report BTW. We have made the crossings quite a few times so no worry, just enjoy staying in touch with someone...
    37 Seahunter "Dilemma"
  • Trit21Trit21 Posts: 162 Deckhand
    We have 3 boats leaving FPI on 6/28 going to Green Turtle and Guana for 2 weeks. You will be much faster than we would be. 35 Tiara, 32 Tiara and a 45 Viking. Cruise speed would be about 24 knots or so.
    Tom

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live: Orlando
    Boat: Ft Pierce
    2000 Tiara 3500 Open
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,963 Captain
    Well be heading to Green Turtle on the 28th as well.Running out of Palm Beach. Cruising at 27 knots. Half of palm beach county will be heading over then for the Lionfish Tournament. It will be like I-95.
  • Trit21Trit21 Posts: 162 Deckhand
    Yeah, to bad it has to be that weekend. oh well.
    Tom

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live: Orlando
    Boat: Ft Pierce
    2000 Tiara 3500 Open