Home Tropics

WE DID IT!!!!!!!Dredging halted for now!!!

CaptainCCaptainC Posts: 145 Officer
Dredging is forced to stop!!!! The UK courts reversed the Bahamian courts decision!

http://www.tribune242.com/news/2014/may/23/privy-council-grants-injunction-stop-dredging/

Replies

  • wahitowahito Posts: 43 Deckhand
    I hope it stays that way!!!!
    2011 Dusky 252 Twin Suzuki 150
  • SlipkidSlipkid Posts: 241 Officer
    Just curious, how does a (court?) in England still have authority over what goes on in the Bahamas??
    2003 Viking 45C
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    Slipkid wrote: »
    Just curious, how does a (court?) in England still have authority over what goes on in the Bahamas??

    Bahamas is a commonwealth country, which is an association of generally former British colonies. it still recognizes the queen as the head of state, a largely symbolic title/position. the privy council in england serves as the highest appeal court for commonwealth countries.


  • SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    We ?......what are you French. Congrats on the temporary reprieve to the environment, just remember that the Biminites are still in dire straits and resolution to their condition needs to be addressed. There's a cause for you !!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,246 AG
    alacrity wrote: »
    Bahamas is a commonwealth country, which is an association of generally former British colonies. it still recognizes the queen as the head of state, a largely symbolic title/position. the privy council in england serves as the highest appeal court for commonwealth countries.

    I wonder how it came to the attention of the Privy Council in England?

    (BTW, my Kiwi wife stated almost exactly what you said above!)
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 6,810 Admiral
    We ?......what are you French. Congrats on the temporary reprieve to the environment, just remember that the Biminites are still in dire straits and resolution to their condition needs to be addressed. There's a cause for you !!

    So its alright if a different country and not ours wants to dredge irresponsibly? There is a compromise but you don't seem to mind if another country calls the shots on what happens over there.
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    Fantastic job and I for one am very grateful for all your efforts!!!!!!!!
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
  • SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    2amigo wrote: »
    So its alright if a different country and not ours wants to dredge irresponsibly? There is a compromise but you don't seem to mind if another country calls the shots on what happens over there.

    Sovereignty. Whatever that means to you ? The cup runneth over with their parliamentary issues. Due process shall rule the day; as it should be.
  • CaptainCCaptainC Posts: 145 Officer
    Hehe...just wait....big news coming soon....

    Hint: bags are being packed.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 6,810 Admiral
    Sovereignty. Whatever that means to you ? The cup runneth over with their parliamentary issues. Due process shall rule the day; as it should be.

    There is nothing wrong with doing a project and showing at least some responsibilty. Clearly RW think they are above this.
  • BarracudaBarracuda Posts: 767 Officer
    Wow, this is good news. I hope the entire casino project goes under....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.