Home Egret Boats

And.......Another prop thread:-)

Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
Ok Egret fans... With the new build, I'm now prop whoreing. Any and all experienced suggestions appreciated. 2014 Egret 2011 fiberglass
2104 250 SHO
About every option I can think of as far as adding weight, other than dual power poles
I want hair raising top speed and as close to immediate hole shot as possible. Yes, I realize this is a big request out of one prop and Yes, I realize Phil has a thread with some numbers but his is mostly for the Pro XS. I've only seen Franks numbers on the SHO. Anyone else have some educated ideas?? This is my first Egret and my first "big" motor on anything under 3500 lbs. Thanks in advance!!
Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,386 Officer
    The only prop you need is a 24 Bravo FS with the ports all closed!
    We tried several props on the boat already. The only other prop i would try is the Mercury Enertia ECO 21 pitch!
    It's dialed in already with the Bravo trust me!
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Man that makes it easy!! Is that the prop frank will install?

Man that makes it easy!! Is that the prop frank will install? Is there a 3 blade that will allow for better top end and a similar hole shot?

Forgive my ignorance but why the FS over the XS?

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,232 Officer
    FS = Four Stroke.

http://www.simonmotorsports.com/yamahaecu.html Make that sho a 300 and put the 26 pitch Bravo 1 on
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • FishinMcNutFishinMcNut Posts: 536 Officer
    I want hair raising top speed and as close to immediate hole shot as possible. Thanks in advance!!
    Sir, sounds like you really need a 250 Pro XS with a 24P Bravo XS :wink
    Sir, sounds like you really need a 250 Pro XS with a 24P Bravo XS :wink

That's what i told him! lol :funnypost
    Don't worry He's painting the motor black to be just like a Pro XS! :shrug
    Well now... That makes sense doesn't it... (y'all ever get that really strange **** feeling suddenly crawling all over you??). Forgive the forum newbie.... I'm learning!! Thanks Frank!

Phil and McNut... That would be too easy! You know us forum newbies have to do things the hard way!! I seriously want a four stroke. Even considered the 300 Verado but can't make the weight and draft difference make sense. I've fought too much transom weight on my previous rig for the last few years and in a four stroke, the SHO is the obvious option for me.

Boy I wish they made one... That would be a rocket!!! I can only imagine if I take it to a performance shop and had it calibrated to produce the additional HP, Mr. Yamaha would quickly make put my new SHO in the as-is category and void the warranty. Is this a correct assumption?

Ha! Phil don't be hating a brotha for painting the motor! I just like black. If Mercury would put their four strokes on a diet, it would solve a lot of issues. She's gonna be sweet all blacked out. Just couldn't live with a blue motor, ESP that ugly gray/blue bracket on the new rig. Call it what one wants, it's what I want and it will be different than the rest! There's several black birds out there with OE color schemes on the SHO. Have yet to see a solid black one.... But you will!

Boy I wish they made one... That would be a rocket!!! I can only imagine if I take it to a performance shop and had it calibrated to produce the additional HP, Mr. Yamaha would quickly make put my new SHO in the as-is category and void the warranty. Is this a correct assumption?

Most likely!:nono