Cedar Key 05/21

With Little League season behind me now, Cher and I decided to head to Cedar Key. Didn't look like the best day, but winds were down, so why not. As we were backing down into the water at the Ramp, Poppadock showed up with his friend Peggy. If you ever need you boat detailed, you need to take it to the RHR&GC. Seems Fishin Rod does a stellar job cleaning up the boats. Mine was quite messy from sitting so long and Poppdocks made it look even worse. :cry
They headed out for Trout while Cher and I, due to a high tide though we would try for Reds. Artificials only. Picked one of the islands out and moved down the shoreline. Saw some reds but got no action. Finally I eased us up along a bar, gave it a cast and FISH ON !! Took me under the boat a couple of times but manged to bring him to the Net Girl.

24 inches on the button. I can smell the One Eyed Grandma's Louisiana Grill Redfish right now. We continued down the bar, then Cher hooked up. Thought we had another Red, but turned into a 20 inch trout.

I'd like to say we continued to slay them, but afraid not. After several moves all we were seeing were Jacks, Ladyfish, Sea Bass, Pinfish and one catfish. Several small trout but they were even few. I did keep one Jack for the smoker. Need some fish dip (thanks Capt Ed). We also threw several Silver trout into the cooler.
Water temps were 75.6º. With the heat coming up this weekend, that will not last. Not the best day, but then again, we have not been in so long now. Cher's son is coming up for a visit this weekend. Looks like fish for dinner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• kingkong954kingkong954 Posts: 647 Officer
    Pretty red and the seas look calm-enough behind ya'! Nice job. Wish the water would stay that temp :(
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Looks like a nice day to be on the water. By the way, "Ruckus" cleaned up Doc's boat for him, I did more watching than cleaning. After that boat was cleaned up I was surprised to see that it was a really nice boat under all that dirt.....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,161 AG
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    Looks like a nice day to be on the water. By the way, "Ruckus" cleaned up Doc's boat for him, I did more watching than cleaning. After that boat was cleaned up I was surprised to see that it was a really nice boat under all that dirt.....

I found that boat for him some time ago in Dixie County at a Salvage yard. Some kid was selling it and they let him park it there. I was thinking I would have loved to had that boat and my motor. Definitely lots of room that my Key West does not offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • poppadockpoppadock Posts: 140 Officer
    It;s a fishing boat , If I wanted a boat to haul around beavers , I'd have gotten Scarab.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,824 Captain
    Great to see You and Mrs. Netgirl back on the board Flash and w/ some fine fish to boot! Hope to see more of You two this Summer??
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • jlojlo Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Great job flash. I need to get back out soon. Been catching some bass lately. It's cheaper lol.
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    Nice Job You Two
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • Aberry23Aberry23 Posts: 146 Officer
    :Agree
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Great to see you back getting some fish slime back on the boat...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,956 Captain
    I love the net girl stories! Glad to see you two on the water again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Big Bend BrianBig Bend Brian Posts: 1,410 Officer
    Flasharouski, getting to this post a tad late. Good to see you & Cher enjoying time together on the water. Doesn’t get much better!

I don’t often hear Cher noted as the “Net Girl”………
    Brian
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,932 Moderator
    I don’t often hear Cher noted as the “Net Girl”………
    Brian

I couldn't have said it better. :grin
    "You'll get your weather"