Skip to main content
Home Tropics

OBB West End

2fastlx2fastlx Posts: 407 Deckhand
Hey guys, we are headed over to OBB on thursday for a few nights. I have been there a couple times to check in/take fuel/eat lunch, but havent really seen what it has to offer in the way of accommodations. Saturday night is a big game for the canes and I really dont want to miss it. Is there any bars nearby where I can catch the game? It will probably run until 11-11:30pm or so. Thanks for any info.

John

Replies

• Buccanr1Buccanr1 Posts: 437 Deckhand
    We have cable and only get ESPN Deportes over there, same with the resort. You might find it in the village, try "coffee on the bay". I think ive seen a few direct TV dishes mounted.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,246 AG
    Check in at Bonefish Folley's right there at the marina. They have a nice TV right at the bar and if our buddy Colby's working, he'll set you up with the right channel. You can order dinner at the bar as well.
  • 2fastlx2fastlx Posts: 407 Deckhand
    Thanks guys. Anyone take a shuttle from West End to Lucaya? Wondering how long the ride would be.
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    Check in at Bonefish Folley's right there at the marina. They have a nice TV right at the bar and if our buddy Colby's working, he'll set you up with the right channel. You can order dinner at the bar as well.

Been there also & they are very helpful. :thumbsup
    Yeah, Bonefish does have ESPN, not excatly a sports bar though. You are better off at least going into the village, if not lucaya/freeport to watch your game.

I guess they are not shutting down the resort this year, if I remember right last year they shut down for a month following labor day.

The ride to lucaya is about 45-hour, dpends on who is driving! You can sometimes split with someone if you ask around, but this time of year the marina/resort is barren.
    Good points Buc.......

I have been to Coffee On The Bay and it's about a mile down the road from OBB and right before you get into the village of West End. We rode bikes there two years ago for lunch. Ask at the front desk at OBB to arrange a ride there if you go.

As an additional "possibilty", we watched TV one night in the Exercise Room at OBB! We got dinner to go at the bar, and ate in the exercise room with the TV to ourselves! They may lock that room up at 10pm or so, so that may be a problem, but keep that option open. Maybe $10 to someone will keep the room open until after the game!

Good luck and post back here!!
    Ha, thats hilarious! I tried to watch some of the Gator game in the weight room last Labor Day, but you'll only get that ESPN international channel on that TV.
    I'll confess...... we were only watching some reality TV show but we did have the place to ourselves!
    Yeah, sometimes the staff likes to take their "breaks" in there.