Naples beach snook

pjstevkopjstevko Posts: 513 Officer
I finally landed a sight fished beach snook!!!!!

I spent a few hours yesterday walking several beaches in Naples sight fishing for snook. There weren't any big ones around but plenty of small 12-20 inchers cruising the beaches right now. I had a lot of followers but only 2 hook ups and only landed one but a sight fished beach snook on fly is a big deal for me!!!! This little guy was in abot 6 inches of water and followed the fly right up to the sand before he hit....

Replies

• Lead slingerLead slinger Posts: 449 Officer
    Congrats man! I've been getting itchy to start chasing them on the beach instead of the mangroves. I'm not gonna get to specific in your spots, so north or south of the pier?
  • pjstevkopjstevko Posts: 513 Officer
    Congrats man! I've been getting itchy to start chasing them on the beach instead of the mangroves. I'm not gonna get to specific in your spots, so north or south of the pier?

I hit up a bunch of spots yesterday...the water south of the pier was dirty but north of the "beach club" was super clear. I heard from another guy that Barefoot beach is loaded with snook right now.....

Go get'em and let us know how you do
  • Lead slingerLead slinger Posts: 449 Officer
    Will do. I'm stuck on this island til Friday afternoon but I'll be back home in Everglades for a few days. Thanks for the heads up.
  • cornelyjcornelyj Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    fly?
    great fish!
    will be in marco in 2 weeks doing the same thing.
    cornelyj wrote: »
    fly?
    great fish!

I caught it on a Norm's Crystal Schminnow purchased at Norm Zeigler's fly shop on Sanibel Island.

You should check out Norm's book "Snook on a fly"
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 661 Officer
    Very cool, something that I need to do soon I hope.

:thumbsup
  • remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 263 Deckhand
    Very nice, gotta love beach fishing.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Well done.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Awesome picture. That's postcard material right there. Great job on the fly.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • redheadredhead Posts: 120 Officer
    Very nice! I am headed down to sanibel tomorrow with a box full of schminnows.
    redhead wrote: »
    Very nice! I am headed down to sanibel tomorrow with a box full of schminnows.

Good luck and let us know how you do!!!
  • ShallowPersonalityShallowPersonality Posts: 85 Deckhand
    Sweet job man. Hope to get some around the Captiva/Sanibel area this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Nautical TensionNautical Tension Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    I was down there last weekend hiking up and down near Key Waden, there was a troth that these snook and trout had piled up in... Threw a shrimp fly at em... Nothin. Tied on a white seducer with sink tip and they loved it. They're are tarpon all over the place in PR
  • FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Posts: 516 Officer
    cornelyj wrote: »
    fly?
    great fish!

You'll get in em' on Marco. Post the pics when done.
  • SlamaholicSlamaholic Posts: 389 Officer
    Great Job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quality Performance Apparel, Realistic Prices.
    www.ReloGear.Com