Offshore and Reef Past Week/Weekend

Been a grind to get the bites that is for sure of late offshore so I have not been dedicating to much time on hunting phins. The reef has been pretty good. If you get the right current and hit the day you will catch some nice Mutton Snappers and YT. Some days have been hit and miss others have been on.

Found some nice dolphin under some black birds prior to this past weekend before the north wind kicked up. It took work to get them to eat, but managed a few nice phins. Put Brittany on her first catch and release Sailfish. Fishing between 250-850 ft on most days. The fish are few and far between right now. Could change any day. Lots of chicken dolphin throwback fish. Reef bite has been OK when the current cooperates. Been having some fun catching and releasing Permit. Got to do some grouper fishing on Sunday May 4 for the first time in along while. First drop we took a nice black grouper for dinners.

Running out to 2500 ft today on a friends boat. If I see anything I will write it up.
Here are few photos of our catches. Tight Lines and have a good rest of the week. Ryan

Replies