Tampa bay big reds and trout

5/3/14
Today we went out fishing weather was good when we left the ramp we headed out to catch bait we filled the well with white bait which wasn't very easy it took a little bit but it was worth it. We showed up at our spot water was high getting ready to drop wind and rain started to pick up we decided to fish through the weather fist cast through out a live bait not 2 minutes later I got smashed and my Friend hooked up with a 30 inch redfish after a photo release we kept fishing we caught multiple large jacks and lady fish. Finally we hooked a nice snook we got it close to the boat and it broke off cause we were only using 20 pound test leader. After a few minutes we hooded up with another nice red about 29 inches and very fat after a photo release we kept fishing and got a nice trout almost 24 inches all in all it was a great day of fishing for the short time we were out.

Fish count
1 3 foot shark
2 reds
Lost a few snook
3 large jacks
1 nice trout

By: Nick M.
Backcountry 201 completely restored/ 250 yamaha/ power poles/ minn Kota/ lowrance HDS

Replies

• snookmansnookman Posts: 226 Deckhand
    your dad needs to wash his rain suite
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,302 Admiral
    :thumbsup
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    I did much of the same last Thurs. We were on the water out of O'Neils around 6:30am and snagged lots of monster trout on top water and popping rigs.

Three of us, fourteen trout in total, one at fifteen, and the rest eighteen to twenty one

All by nine that morning. That's a great day
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • Tailn_redsTailn_reds Posts: 74 Deckhand
    Popeye wrote: »
    I did much of the same last Thurs. We were on the water out of O'Neils around 6:30am and snagged lots of monster trout on top water and popping rigs.

Three of us, fourteen trout in total, one at fifteen, and the rest eighteen to twenty one

All by nine that morning. That's a great day[/

Sounds like u guy did really good!
    Backcountry 201 completely restored/ 250 yamaha/ power poles/ minn Kota/ lowrance HDS
  • NOTyourSPOTNOTyourSPOT Posts: 232 Officer
    beautiful reds!