Skip to main content
Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Gator

Went out today to try some new flats I scoped out the other day. First ten casts turned up nothing, but next cast, threw along the mangroves and turned up this. Storms kicked us out after that. Not a terrible day though. pe7anuhu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Gooner PyleGooner Pyle Posts: 188 Officer
    Nice gator!! Where were you (generally speaking of course)?
  • ShallowPersonalityShallowPersonality Posts: 85 Deckhand
    There's some flats off of south tropical trail. Had to run through some old witches yard to get to em. Always fun.

IRL side on BR side? What were conditions like down there? I've never fished down that way.
    BR side. Most of the time it's flat. I normally can't get my skiff out till the weekends so I resort to wading most days. It's been pretty good lately with the bait starting to run through though.

Awesome. What ramps are around there on the BR? Like I said, I've never really fished that area. I'm normally up around Titusville, further north in the BR, or in the ML.
    I launch from is the Pineda causeway ramp. It really depends where I fish though.

• mako2567mako2567 Posts: 288 Deckhand
    Nice work. Was the lady waiting for your return trip???..haa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mako2567 wrote: »
    Nice work. Was the lady waiting for your return trip???..haa

Of course. She made sure to give me an earful
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    try to find houses that are up for sale, and park there.. if you roll thru that area on the weekend youll see where its "accepted" to park... that used to be my go to flat until the grass kill :(
    cbmdk86 wrote: »
    try to find houses that are up for sale, and park there.. if you roll thru that area on the weekend youll see where its "accepted" to park... that used to be my go to flat until the grass kill :(

Yeah the grass kill really ruined it. But thanks for the tip man.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    Of course. She made sure to give me an earful

Just a thought for the future...wouldn't it be a better gambit to walk up to the house and ring the doorbel..Introduce yourself and ask permission to walk thru to the water...maybe offer to share your catch...I know up north if you go ask the farmer nicely...you many times get a nice answer usually most times...

and if you trespass...you could get in trouble..or worse.

You may have burned yourself with this lady...but it may not be too late. Go back and give a long and sincere appology..explain how much you love fishing and that you let that cloud your good judgement...and if she could forgive that...maybe you could let me pass thru to the water...Worth a shot if you like that spot. :)
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Just a thought for the future...wouldn't it be a better gambit to walk up to the house and ring the doorbel..Introduce yourself and ask permission to walk thru to the water...maybe offer to share your catch...I know up north if you go ask the farmer nicely...you many times get a nice answer usually most times...

and if you trespass...you could get in trouble..or worse.

You may have burned yourself with this lady...but it may not be too late. Go back and give a long and sincere appology..explain how much you love fishing and that you let that cloud your good judgement...and if she could forgive that...maybe you could let me pass thru to the water...Worth a shot if you like that spot. :)

That's a good tip. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks man 😄
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    That's a good tip. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks man ��

Or you could put in that new Maverick and run up by her house by water and shout obscenities at her from your boat...:rotflmao...JK...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Or you could put in that new Maverick and run up by her house by water and shout obscenities at her from your boat...:rotflmao...JK...

Too bad it's getting some work done right now 😡