Boca Pass Legality

Heading to Boca in a few weeks to fish the pass. What is considered "illegal" in the pass? Is it just having a weight below the hook?

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • NOTyourSPOTNOTyourSPOT Posts: 232 Officer
    So as long as the weight is above the hook we can still snag them?
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 11,384 AG
    Snagging has always been illegal, regardless of hook/weight position.
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,562 Captain
    You aren't skilled enough to troll the SW section on Tarpon. They learned their lesson last year when a troll went on for over a year.

Try again
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • doubledupdoubledup Posts: 235 Officer
    So as long as the weight is above the hook we can still snag them?

Yes, you can still snag them. Matter of fact you can still be the first one to snag one this year if you hurry down.
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,972 Captain
    Don't try and zabiki any bait in or near the pass though.....Immediately to jail....
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    That's true,:grin I didn't think of that.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,972 Captain
    That's true,:grin I didn't think of that.

Let me ask one more question of the almighty FWC's newest and greatest regulations for the beloved Boca Grande Pass. When you hook a sardine, threadfin, shrimp, crab, etc.... wouldn't that be considered "weight" and doesn't most of it normally reside sort of BELOW the hook? Should I tie a small float to the other side of the crab to keep it above the hook?

Officially, all fishing in boca grande pass is now illegal except for I guess rapala and the like where the hooks are the lowest object of the tackle.

Oh crap...natural bait is not considered a weight....Thank goodness.

This post I read the other day didn't mention that: http://myfwc.com/news/news-releases/2013/september/05/tarpon-gear/
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013