Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Member Business Exchange

Sliding glass door replacement.

Replacing two sliding glass doors with something a little nicer. Anybody in that line of work?

Replies

• ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 987 Officer
    Bill Thrower Company is a custom door factory right here in town. I promise they can give any box store a run for their money and you order it exactly like you like it.
    When I moved into my 1929 cottage, I replaced a single window with a double French door. It was metal. 20 years later, I had to replace it again. This time I went with fiberglass and the blinds inside the low-e glass!

Custom double French door with blinds inside the low-e glass, fiberglass door and fiberglass frame..custom size, 895 + tax =957.83. I am looking at the invoice. If you don't have an installer, call them, they will line you up.

I had an installer at $500 but I ordered the wrong size and the installer had to rebuild the opening, reframe, re-header. I think because of my screwup, instead of $500, it cost me $500 more and I still had to paint.

So, what did I learn. Call Bill Thrower and find a contractor from them, let him measure and install.

Bill Thrower company, in the phone book, offered free home delivery.
    Bill Thrower Co Inc
    7:00 am - 5:00 pm m-f
    4120 University Boulevard Ct, Jacksonville, FL 32217
    (904) 739-0702
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com
  • morrgan54morrgan54 New OrleansPosts: 5 Deckhand
    ReefRocket, that's true, it's always important to order doors with exact sizes that you have in your frames or potential frames. And it's really not so easy to make those measurements. Anyway, when I was removing my sliding screen doors, which were leading to a patio, I've searched a lot of resource, but only this one ( url: https://www.homoq.com/remove-sliding-screen-door/ ) could help with my questions, and explained a lot of details about it.