Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Last minute request for advice.

Headed out of Keaton in the morning. (4/22) Anyone got any advise on where to start looking for trout... Thanks for your time.

Replies

• trout_scouttrout_scout Junior Member Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Ok I'll start with the obvious spots.

In the water, on your hook (hopefully), over there... can anybody be more specific?
  • dstockwelldstockwell Senior Member Posts: 13,833 AG
    Go North....
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    Brotherinlaw fishes that area more than anyone in this section (I'm pretty sure) so maybe he will chime in. Lots of fishing reports and talk on Bigbendfishing.net for that area right now. Per a friend of mine the bite was hot over there several weeks ago but not sure now with all the fresh water.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 1,010 Officer
    I'm pretty sure BIL mentioned 4.5 ft of water was ticket the last time he was out. I fished out if St. Marks and Carrbelle Sun/Mon. Trout bite was pretty good. Better get there early though, best bite was a 2 hour window after sunrise.
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
    Thanks I'll let you know tonight.
    Thanks for all of your input so early this morning. Alas there will be no slam. No monster red that I have longed to pull along side the boat for a quick selfie. No dream post of an awesome day fishing with 10 pages of high fives and atta - boys. Why, you might ask? Let me explain. Last night the boat was ready to fish. Rods, coolers, tackle, all my newest gadgets from a recent bass pro shops adventure. Ready for a 7 am launch right. Out the door in the truck and off we go to the marina. Stop throw off the strap, batteries on, test fire... and nothing! @$!#/^&* Now what. After wasting the best part of the day with the cover off the motor and watching boat after boat go around me to launch I tucked my tail and went home defeated. Sure is a nice day to enjoy a beer in the hammock.

Engine problem: no spark. Best guess. Stator or trigger. Of to the shop to confirm.

Best of luck to those who manage to get off the trailer.
    That will make you say a few bad words, or at least want to..... Hope it's not much and you get it figured out.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • ducknfishducknfish Senior Member St. Marks, FLPosts: 3,821 Officer
    micci_man wrote: »
    That will make you say a few bad words, or at least want to.....

I think there is a reason for the saying cuss like a sailor. I learned most of my better 4 letter words and how to string them together in fits of rage at boat ramps where outboards wouldn't behave.

I hope it's a quick easy fix & you are back at it in no time.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Senior Member Posts: 5,570 Admiral
    Sorry for your bad luck. If it makes you feel any better it happens to everyone at least once, believe me.
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Senior Member HootervillePosts: 703 Officer
    My dad would say that would make a preacher cuss.

I have a friend who would only use his flats skiff about once a year to go Tarpon fishing. He fished more often but with friends or guides. We would pull out of his house and a cloud of dust would billow out behind the boat as we left his garage. I would ask him......did you fire it up yesterday to make sure it will run. His response was ALWAYS it will run....don't you worry. :wink

And......it cranked every time.......several years in a row.

1989 Yamaha PR0-V 150 2-stroke.

(Well before they invented Ethanol gas)
    I thought you guys could use a chuckle today so here is an update. I hauled my boat 100 miles to my local shop. Rolled in explained the situation and he says try it one time. Motor fires right up. We'll how about that. Mechanic says go drop it in the lake and see what happens so I leave. Get to the lake back down the ramp hit the key and nothing. @$!#/^&* Back to the shop to show the mechanic and you guessed it, it fired right up. You can imagine my frustration.
    I thought you guys could use a chuckle today so here is an update. I hauled my boat 100 miles to my local shop. Rolled in explained the situation and he says try it one time. Motor fires right up. We'll how about that. Mechanic says go drop it in the lake and see what happens so I leave. Get to the lake back down the ramp hit the key and nothing. @$!#/^&* Back to the shop to show the mechanic and you guessed it, it fired right up. You can imagine my frustration.
    that's a new one for me..... Let us know what he finds out about it.
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Senior Member Posts: 3,222 Captain
    I've done the "haul it home and it runs fine" thing several times. Bash a few years ago I was there the weekend before. It'd fire up and idle fine...try to get on plane....nothing. Bogged down and would just plow along. Drug it 200 miles one way to get it fixed. They told me it was ready so I drug it back down. Put in the Friday of the bash and experienced EXACTLY the same symptoms. They'd put it on the dyno and it throttled up fine. It wasn't the same kind of load as being in the water though. Ended up dragging it both ways again. They finally discovered a bad stator preventing one cylinder from firing.

I hope you get a quick and easy solution to your issue!
    Proverbs 13:3