April 2014 Farming of the Sea Festival in Everglades City

RodnGunDock_zps2b089f46.jpg

DadBlackDrumBattle_zps7cc3267f.jpg

Well, it’s been over a week since the trip and my ribs are just healed and not hurting from laughing so friggin hard. For the 13th consecutive year a group of guys from all over the country have converged on Everglades National Park for an annual sabbatical/fishing trip/drinking escape, where the participants skin better be as thick as an elephant’s hide or you’ll get eaten alive!

GroupDinner_zpsdb9316b6.jpg

OnthePorchBar_zpsa6418ac1.jpg

Its big fun where the guys leave the real world behind and let it all hang out, and I was lucky enough to be invited once again.

Heaven_zps1101b18b.jpg

I was able to attend 2 days of the festivities this year and was treated to good fishing along with the best of times.

PaulSnooklet_zpsbc240917.jpg

Day one saw us catch lots of small fish, with the highlight of me sight casting to a decent redfish and all of us getting to see it grab the lure, and scream off plenty of drag in the shallow clear water.

MySightCastRedfish_zps4a2e943b.jpg

Day 2 was one of the best days we’ve had on any of these trips, with a limit of nice slot redfish,

BobsRedfish_zps5217cae0.jpg

and even releasing some, a big spotted sea trout, and some bruiser sized black drum that fought like champs.

BobsNiceTrout_zps199aa118.jpg

TheDaysCatch_zps863e7361.jpg

I hated to leave early, but it was a great trip to recharge my batteries and I can’t wait until next year! Also want to give a big thanks to Paul for sharing the pictures he took!

PaulsRedfish_zpsd622a2a1.jpg

Replies

• divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,530 Captain
    Nice report, looks like all had a good time.
    1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,366 Admiral
    Good Job !
    And everybody had a Great Time. Stories to tell , Lie's to ponder.
    Killin and Grillin :grin