Home Politics

CIA officer confirmed no protests before misleading Benghazi account given

Squid RowSquid Row Posts: 4,133 Officer
Before the Obama administration gave an inaccurate narrative on national television that the Benghazi attacks grew from an anti-American protest, the CIA’s station chief in Libya pointedly told his superiors in Washington that no such demonstration occurred, documents and interviews with current and former intelligence officials show.
The attack was “not an escalation of protests,” the station chief wrote to then-Deputy CIA Director Michael J. Morell in an email dated Sept. 15, 2012 — a full day before the White House sent Susan E. Rice to several Sunday talk shows to disseminate talking points claiming that the Benghazi attack began as a protest over an anti-Islam video.

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/31/cia-ignored-station-chief-in-libya-when-creating-t/#ixzz2xbMlkK4o

More lies
Squid Row
Why don't we use geothermal energy?

In most places, just a mile beneath the crust, the earth is several million degrees.

Team Sabatage
Most places?

Try 18 to 22 miles down before we get to the heat you mentioned, in most places.
In those places it is only a mile down it is a good alternative.

I already know more than you ever will on all subjects.
:rotflmao
Lucky7Team2
300 billion people on a planet eating, farting, pooing, making stuff, etc
:rotflmao

Replies

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    “The chief of station in Tripoli who was 600 or 700 miles away from the attacks wouldn’t necessarily have the only view of what actually went on in Benghazi,” that former official said.
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    hillary_laughing_zpsed9e8d0f.jpg

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE....!!!!?????
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    Benghazi makes a big difference. It exposes the difference between thinking persons and media-led hysterical goons.
  • LouieLouieLouieLouie Posts: 2,702 Officer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    It was done that way to cover for the muslim brotherhood. "no terrorists over here in Libya".
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    Everyone now knows the protest story is just a made up lie to CYA for the complete incompetence that resulted in the unnecessary deaths.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Benghazi makes a big difference. It exposes the difference between thinking persons and media-led hysterical goons.

:idiot :rotflmao
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer
    Seriously, **** happened? Did the Obama appointee bend to pressure and make up some wild fantasy story? I want to know more about the spontaneous fire fight that resulted in the murder of our ambassador. How about the grunts, the ex-seals that died doing what was right?
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    The libs don't care....that simple....means to an end.
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Funny how you managed to leave this part out . . .

"That the talking points used by Mrs. Rice, who was then U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, were written by a CIA that ignored the assessment by its own station chief inside Libya, has emerged as one of the major bones of contention in the more than two years of political fireworks and congressional investigations into the Benghazi attack."

So Rice used talking point given to her by the CIA, and somehow she is to blame and is purported as a liar because she read bad info? Seems to remind me a bit of Colin Powell on the WMD's speech from the CIA as well . . .