Home Politics

Obamacare numbers coming in huge: Here's a guide to GOP excuse-making

2»

Replies

• kayakjoekayakjoe Posts: 812 Officer
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Well, that is not what I have seen or read.

read my earlier post above...it cost me more for less coverage.
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

search?q=ron+paul&view=detail&id=84496DDE8E08910A94413612B2779B745F2B8E58&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    It wasn't lost on him. He just can't face it.
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    It may have its flaws (being modeled after an old republican plan :blowkiss) but it is much much better than the new republican plan because they don't have a plan.

We have (had) a great system. No need to replace the aca crap. Just make it go away and back to normal.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Don BDon B Posts: 857 Officer
    7 million is less than .03% of the U.S. population. Those of you who are claiming a great victory are nuts, it's .03%.
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    fins4me wrote: »
    We have (had) a great system. No need to replace the aca crap. Just make it go away and back to normal.

They could have addressed the preexisting conditions, lifetime caps and then opened up insurance to competition across state lines. Those 3 common sense things would have lowered costs and expanded coverage.

Instead we got higher costs and worse coverage. Anything is better than the ACA.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,040 AG
    gunby31 wrote: »
    "It's working"

That would be my "hot button" if I were running as a dem in Nov.

So many that signed that bill into law arent running this fall... imagine that. Guess they should have waited for your advice.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    stsimons wrote: »
    They could have addressed the preexisting conditions, lifetime caps and then opened up insurance to competition across state lines. Those 3 common sense things would have lowered costs and expanded coverage.

Instead we got higher costs and worse coverage. Anything is better than the ACA.

I am fine with opening up competition across state lines. Caps and allowing for pre existing conditions would mess up the cost curve and result in higher premiums. If they wanted to help the cost curve then tort control would help a bit.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    kayakjoe wrote: »
    really...you are gonna be so freakin obtuse and focus on that?? dont be a richard cranium. of course it costs more than a cell phone bil overall.l. when you break down the costs per child, each one of them individually is more than my family plan cell phone bill. what was lost on you was the obvious jab at all the promises your dear leader made that are not true

Word your replies in 1 or 2 syllable words and avoid percentages.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    BB.. love the sig. Thanks for the endorsement.
    gunby31 wrote: »
    BB.. love the sig. Thanks for the endorsement.

Sadly you still think that it will be better once teh glitches get worked out.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    LouieLouie wrote: »
    Defending Krugman again? REALLY? With Wikipedia? REALLY?

He's consistently the laughing stock of the financial world!

So you have a lot in common since you are the laughing stock of this forum.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • LouieLouieLouieLouie Posts: 2,702 Officer
    chubasco wrote: »

Really? Is that all you got? and having to use my material?
    just weak, very weak.

Was the sun too hot out there on the car lot today? the used car lot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,499 AG

Meh. He's got another couple of years of work to overtake the Black Knight. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squid RowSquid Row Posts: 4,133 Officer
    'The debate over repealing this law is over': Obama boasts 7.1 MILLION have signed up to Obamacare - but study shows just 858,000 newly insured Americans have paid up!

A triumphant President Barack Obama declared Tuesday his signature medical insurance overhaul a success, saying it has made America's health care system 'a lot better' in a Rose Garden press conference.

But buried in the 7.1 million enrollments he announced in a heavily staged appearance is a more unsettling reality.

Numbers from a RAND Corporation study that has been kept under wraps suggest that barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans – nowhere near 7.1 million – have paid for new policies and joined the ranks of the insured by Monday night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2594309/President-plans-victory-lap-strong-Obamacare-enrollment-Sebelius-faces-unpopular-law-blank-stare-tough-questions-remain-whos-signing-up.html
    Squid Row
    Why don't we use geothermal energy?

In most places, just a mile beneath the crust, the earth is several million degrees.

Team Sabatage
    Most places?

Try 18 to 22 miles down before we get to the heat you mentioned, in most places.
    In those places it is only a mile down it is a good alternative.

I already know more than you ever will on all subjects.
    :rotflmao
    Lucky7Team2
    300 billion people on a planet eating, farting, pooing, making stuff, etc
    Obama Claims WH Didn't Try Hard to Market Obamacare

LOL

Taxpayer money spent building Healthcare.gov: $600 million

-Taxpayer money spent on advertising for the law (a law White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said needed no advertising): $684 million and counting

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/03/24/how-much-youve-paid-to-promote-obamacare-n1813699
    Squid Row

In most places, just a mile beneath the crust, the earth is several million degrees.

Team Sabatage
    Most places?

Try 18 to 22 miles down before we get to the heat you mentioned, in most places.

Lucky7Team2
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Bottom line, this is bad news for our right-wing friends and the political strategy they have built around demonizing the ACA.

That is a fact regardless of how hard one may try to spin it.
    6-million-obamacare.jpg

Obamacare, the plan purportedly created to provide health coverage for the uninsured, has enrolled just 1.7% of America's 48.6 million uninsured.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/31/Obamacare-Real-Enrollment-Just-1-7-of-Uninsured-Covered
    Squid Row

Team Sabatage
    Most places?

Lucky7Team2
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Would it not of been better for the GOP election strategy if the enrollment numbers fell short of the goal?

Simple question.
  • kayakjoekayakjoe Posts: 812 Officer
    Would it not of been better for the GOP election strategy if the enrollment numbers fell short of the goal?

Simple question.
    screw the gop and the dems....simple question did obama lie or tell the truth when he said you can keep your plan if you like it...period. there were no disclaimers or exceptions when he said that. defend the law if you want but can you really defend the lies and misrepresentations
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

search?q=ron+paul&view=detail&id=84496DDE8E08910A94413612B2779B745F2B8E58&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    Bottom line, this is bad news for our right-wing friends and the political strategy they have built around demonizing the ACA.

That is a fact regardless of how hard one may try to spin it.

No, the actual 'Bottom Line' is how many have actually 'Paid' for their Coverage. Do you have a 'Hard' Number on that yet?
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).
  • Duke LaCroixDuke LaCroix Posts: 123 Deckhand
    By Michael Hiltzik
    March 31, 2014, 1:36 p.m.

Against all odds and expectations, enrollments in health plans qualified under the Affordable Care Act are surging Monday toward -- and maybe beyond -- the 7-million figure projected by the Congressional Budget Office before Oct. 1, when the open-enrollment period began. The deadline for starting enrollment applications for 2014 plans is midnight Monday.

The real test will be when Democrats campaign for their re-election on the success of their continued support for ObamaCare.
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    It's foolish to be drawn into the debate over "Sign-up" numbers. The Democrats set the stage, the Democrats filled in the "magic number", the Democrats declared their own victory point has been met...B.F.D.
    Where are the people who KEPT their Doctors...???
    Where are the people who KEPT the policy they LIKED...???
    Where are the families who SAVED $2500.00...???
    Don't let the Democrats create the criteria for "success"...then crow when they meet the criteria THEY set.
    Answer the 3 questions above with how many MILLIONS of Americans who got what was PROMISED.
  • LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    13549631625_37a08f9817_o.jpg

Chubs new language. Baaaaaa. Baaaaaaa. Baaaaaaa. It's ok chubby,when you get old and scared like you people tend to follow like brainless sheep.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Another failed chubby thread.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,638 AG
    O.K. lets look at it by the number from various sources

About 9 million people bought insurance from private companies. Another 4.5 million additional on Medicaid, about 3 million kids added to parents policies, and 7 million through the exchanges. Out of all those, it is estimated about 9.5 million of that total were previously uninsured. that is 19% of the total uninsured int his country.

Cost of the additional on Medicaid estimated at $11 billion per year.

About 83% qualified for a subsidy under the ACA. The average subsidy was $2890. That put the price tag on the subsidies at $19 billion dollars.

So we have signed up an additional 9 million people on insurance at a cost of $30 billion dollars per year. Now,a lot of this cost is covered by new taxes in the ACA and reductions in Medicare and Medicaid payments.

http://kff.org/health-reform/issue-brief/how-much-financial-assistance-are-people-receiving-under-the-affordable-care-act/
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/obamacare-deadline/22-pens-47-million-americans-obamacare-numbers-n68271
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obamacare-uninsured-national-20140331,0,5472960.story#axzz2xjZfrch3

So when you hear the BS from both sides, what they say be technically correct or just a lie. Example, the millions who save $2500 a month is there. They are the millions who qualified for a subsidy. Kaiser Family institute estimates lower income people wills see significant savings on healthcare costs (primarily the subsidies), while those in the higher income groups will pay significantly more for insurance.

I don't think either side should hang the election or re-election hopes on the ACA. I would avoid it as a major issue in a campaign I am running and address it only when needed to. Even then I would address it as a work in progress that needs changes made without addressing it as a successor or failure.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

You cant count uninsured in the number of those that "saved" $2500 a year in health care premiums. Obama never said ONLY SOME would save $2500. Seems you are better at stretching the truth that most democrats in defending ObamaCare
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,638 AG
    You cant count uninsured in the number of those that "saved" $2500 a year in health care premiums. Obama never said ONLY SOME would save $2500. Seems you are better at stretching the truth that most democrats in defending ObamaCare

I just gave an example of where one side could say millions saved $2500, be technically correct but also lying at the same time. There is no stretching the truth when I post. Maybe you should read what I wrote. I made no attempt to defend it or attack it. I just posted some actual numbers. Some of you guys really hate facts.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    I just gave an example of where one side could say millions saved $2500, be technically correct but also lying at the same time. There is no stretching the truth when I post. Maybe you should read what I wrote. I made no attempt to defend it or attack it. I just posted some actual numbers. Some of you guys really hate facts.

He's not so good with numbers.....