Home Politics

More government over reach that will cost the public

2»

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,860 Admiral
    I can agree with all of this, and shaped like an egg made of carbon fiber honey comb so they glance off of each other in head on crashes while compressing at a controlled rate.

Brilliant!
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,699 AG
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    There were more than 15 million new cars sold in the U.S. in 2013 so if you conservatively figure these camera systems will cost $100. per vehicle this will cost the consumers 1.5 billion dollars to MAYBE save 60 lives. Doesn't seem cost effective to me. BTW, I bet the final cost is much more than $100 per vehicle.

The death rates of auto accidents in America is at least partially attributable to safety equipment added to automobiles, voluntarily and required by law. The cumulative effect of these safety enhancements save live and money, but at a cost to buyers.

Would you rather have this?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/01/families-gm-deaths/7152985/
    Vote for the other candidate
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    I have a backup camera, 3 of them - they are called rearview and side view mirrors. I don't need a screen to focus on that decreases my situational awareness.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,807 AG
    Doesn't seem cost effective to me. BTW, I bet the final cost is much more than $100 per vehicle.
    Exactly..
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,699 AG
    stsimons wrote: »
    I have a backup camera, 3 of them - they are called rearview and side view mirrors. I don't need a screen to focus on that decreases my situational awareness.

Does Dale, Jr have a backup camera? Hell no!! He is no better driver than you.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 12,966 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Does Dale, Jr have a backup camera? Hell no!! He is no better driver than you.

Actually Dale Jr has several cameras in his car every week. One dedicated to watching Danica crash.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,499 AG
    This thread has brought the funny, unusual for pol. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    There were more than 15 million new cars sold in the U.S. in 2013 so if you conservatively figure these camera systems will cost $100. per vehicle this will cost the consumers 1.5 billion dollars to MAYBE save 60 lives. Doesn't seem cost effective to me. BTW, I bet the final cost is much more than $100 per vehicle.

Is one consumer buying 15 million cars? The way I see, it may cost a consumer 100$. Big ****ing deal.

What is your kids life worth? 100,000$ a million$?
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 12,966 AG
    My kid knows to stay away from the back of cars with the engine running.

I know how to use my mirrors and to look behind my car before getting in.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    because walking to the back of your car and looking is too difficult...............