Home Politics

George W Bush approval tops Obama's approval by 33 points among military veterans

grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
Just 32 percent of military veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan approve of the job Barack Obama is doing as president, according to a new poll from the Washington Post and the Kaiser Family Foundation. In a related question, only 42 percent of those surveyed said they believe Obama is a “good commander-in-chief of the military.” Forty eight percent said he is not.

Veterans were asked a similar question about former President George W. Bush. Sixty-five percent said they felt he was a good commander-in-chief, while 28 percent responded he was not.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/03/31/iraq-afghanistan_veterans_give_obama_poor_grades_122116.html#ixzz2xY57kKjH
Schadenfreude. November 8, 2016

Replies

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    And yet bush killed thousands of American troops with lie based unnecessary wars started before properly arming the troops with body armor and armored vehicles.

Go figure.
  • grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    And yet bush killed thousands of American troops with lie based unnecessary wars started before properly arming the troops with body armor and armored vehicles.

Go figure.

The military knows better. They know that you and your ilk are the ones lying.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,700 AG
    Only 44 percent of veterans believe that the war in Iraq “was worth fighting,” while 50 percent believe the opposite. Afghanistan, however, is still considered a more popular war: 53 percent believe it has been worth fighting and 41 percent think otherwise.

Vote for the other candidate
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral

Go figure.

Commanders who bring victories are respected by their troops.
    Commanders who draw red lines and get blown out mostly aren't.

Two words.

bin laden
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    Polling data is a lot like meteorologists' weather forecasts. Stick around awhile and they will change. Sometimes for the good, and sometimes for the bad, but change is definite.
    Two words.

bin laden

That's not a victory, it's a gimmick that has caused more resentment among the troops than Obama's Afghanistan surge and cut and run.
    Bush's victories had video footage and in-your-face graphic photos.
    That's not a victory, it's a gimmick that has caused more resentment among the troops than Obama's Afghanistan surge and cut and run.
    Bush's victories had video footage and in-your-face graphic photos.

"bring it on!"

"mission accomplished"
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    "bring it on!"

"mission accomplished"

:Spittingcoffee
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Go figure.

[QUOTE=SWFL_F1sh0n;1887695]/QUOTE]

:rotflmao the progressives known for being reasonable just explained that one away ....... you ought the be ashamed Grady :Spittingcoffee
  • ac2020ac2020 Posts: 5,730 Officer
    grady30wa wrote: »
    The military knows better. They know that you and your ilk are the ones lying.

Knows better? No. They are filled with false and hyped patriotism. It's the only way to get someone to lay down their life for their government.

Oh yeah, that and the promise of a job in a corporate-built nightmare of an economy for the poor and middle class. Oh hey, I bet it's just a coincidence that's where most recruiting comes from. Right?

:USA
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    ac2020 wrote: »
    Knows better? No. They are filled with false and hyped patriotism. It's the only way to get someone to lay down their life for their government.

Oh yeah, that and the promise of a job in a corporate-built nightmare of an economy for the poor and middle class. Oh hey, I bet it's just a coincidence that's where most recruiting comes from. Right?

wow, now that is the most unbelievable bunch of %%%% i've heard in a while. by the way, did you serve. I did, from 78-2005.
    Please don't speak for me .
    2392.jpg
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG

Probably true. Can you name one victory since WWII? Just one will do.
    wow, now that is the most unbelievable bunch of %%%% i've heard in a while. by the way, did you serve. I did, from 78-2005.
    Please don't speak for me .

Thankfully no. I might have died for government that lied to me about saving America from WMDs.

5000+ troops died in Iraq over a **** lie. There is no excuse for that. Not to mention apparently over 100,000 Iraqis that our media or society never gave a crap about.

But I SURELY remember the false and hyped patriotism I felt after 9-11 and the build-up to Iraq.

I debated people like Heavy Hooker and Pagan who warned me about the BS. I didnt listen, but I should have. As they were SO right. I never understood why they seemed so cynical over it all. But I can see it now.

Anyone want to re-watch the 2004 Republican convention? Would make anyone want to PUKE.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral

Well I guess now everyone knows they wouldn't be able to count on ac2020 for anything except a yellow bellied crawl and a stream of complaints. Nice.

JINGOISM
    stsimons wrote: »
    Well I guess now everyone knows they wouldn't be able to count on ac2020 for anything except a yellow bellied crawl and a stream of complaints. Nice.

Well my friends think different. But I wont risk my life to do the dirty work of our government.

If you did, are, or want to. That's fine.
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Probably true. Can you name one victory since WWII? Just one will do.

Chimpy and his father brought us 2 1/2 military victories. 3 1/2 if you want to count Panama, but the post-invasion reality gives me heartburn.
    Chimpy and his father brought us 2 1/2 military victories. 3 1/2 if you want to count Panama, but the post-invasion reality gives me heartburn.

ha ha Panama!
    ha ha Panama!

Yeah, I know. Remember ol' CIA George doing his best goofball American routine while telling us that Panama needed to be invaded partly because an Army private supposedly was kicked in the balls by a Panamanian soldier?
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
    Two words.

bin laden

I keep hearing and seeing this lame suggestion that Obama had anything to do with getting Bin Laden. It could have been during ANY presidents admin that Bin Laden was caught. Obama should get ZERO credit for this. All should go to the guys and gals that actually did the work. Obama didn't have diddly squat to do with Bin Ladens capture, lol.
    That didnt stop republicans from giving credit to Bush for capturing Ron Jeremy.
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    Well my friends think different. But I wont risk my life to do the dirty work of our government.

And from many of us who served ,we thank you for not having done so. Because there are few thing more dangerous than a winy self absorbed coward in a combat theater.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,808 AG
    WOW 891 out of 1.6 million military members who’d been deployed, such an impressive poll. :shrug
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    And from many of us who served ,we thank you for not having done so. Because there are few thing more dangerous than a winy self absorbed coward in a combat theater.

You're welcome.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Interesting that with respect to the ACTIVE military, both Ron Paul and Obama got more money from them for their campaigns than Romney did. No poll here, just military personal putting actual dollars where their mouth is.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
    chubasco wrote: »
    Interesting that with respect to the ACTIVE military, both Ron Paul and Obama got more money from them for their campaigns than Romney did. No poll here, just military personal putting actual dollars where their mouth is.

Not sure Obama did. Paul did not
    NOLE66 wrote: »
    I keep hearing and seeing this lame suggestion that Obama had anything to do with getting Bin Laden. It could have been during ANY presidents admin that Bin Laden was caught. Obama should get ZERO credit for this. All should go to the guys and gals that actually did the work. Obama didn't have diddly squat to do with Bin Ladens capture, lol.

Well Obama did NOT pull a bush like "tora bora".

Being a welfare queen and murderer for ZOG wasn't so bad.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    grady30wa wrote: »
    Not sure Obama did. Paul did not

According to this, you are wrong. Both Obama and Paul got CONSIDERABLY more than Mittens.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/10/armed-forces-show-overwhelming-supp.html