Home Politics

4 out of 5 Ocare sign ups require subsidies

Squid RowSquid Row Posts: 4,133 Officer
Another huge government entitlement program.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101530699
Squid Row
Why don't we use geothermal energy?

In most places, just a mile beneath the crust, the earth is several million degrees.

Team Sabatage
Most places?

Try 18 to 22 miles down before we get to the heat you mentioned, in most places.
In those places it is only a mile down it is a good alternative.

I already know more than you ever will on all subjects.
:rotflmao
Lucky7Team2
300 billion people on a planet eating, farting, pooing, making stuff, etc

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,699 AG
    The point was to get people insured, even if required subsidies. The majority of people that could afford health insurance or had tax free income from the employer in the form of health insurance were already covered.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,539 Admiral
    just to reiterate the plan:
    - take care of Obama's greedy insurance pals
    - Increase the costs/burden on the people who are already paying for their own insurance and "get back" at them
    - Increase the overall cost of insurance for all
    - reduce healthcare access
    - reduce quality of care.

Seems great when you put it that way
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
    Ol Mucky wrote: »
    just to reiterate the plan:
    - take care of Obama's greedy insurance pals
    - Increase the costs/burden on the people who are already paying for their own insurance and "get back" at them
    - Increase the overall cost of insurance for all
    - reduce healthcare access
    - reduce quality of care.

Seems great when you put it that way

You should send that to the readers comments sections of Brierbart.com
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    The point was to get people insured, even if required subsidies. The majority of people that could afford health insurance or had tax free income from the employer in the form of health insurance were already covered.

And just where will this "subsidy" money come from?
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    mustang190 wrote: »

all the people who are used to getting a refund on their taxes at the end of the year and the rest the American people will make up.

Tax credits.
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    Ocare is just another lib giveaway to keep their lapdog voters on the plantation.
  • SpinfisherSpinfisher Posts: 756 Officer
    OBAMACARE or the Affordable Care Act is also an extension of the State Ran Medicaid Program. Now more people, that have some income can get in on a managed care plan that before did not qualify for Medicaid for a small premium.

Also, recent data shows that employees are dropping employer provided health coverage and enrolling in Obama Care because it is cheaper than their employer plans. Human Resources Managers everywhere are running around trying to figure it out while ensuring that their policies are not dropped because of lack of participation by employees that have exiled to Obamacare....

Some good is coming out of this, plus insurance companies are still betting big on this as a money maker. They just need more healthy people to enroll to recover start up and spread the risk over more insured lives..

Interesting data coming out of this new health system in the US... In the mean time providers( docs, Hospitals, etc.) are still and will keep working under the fact that you can only cut a healthcare dollar in 100 pieces. HMO's, large provider networks that are ready to be leased out and many that want to assume some type of risk in the healthcare-chain-of-event are salivating at this new healthcare law by trying to keep as many pieces of the healthcare premium dollar as they can, some of the premium dollar is private, some of it via State and Federal dollars (OBAMAcare/Medicare)......

Viva Capitalism
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer

Riiiiiiiiiigghht, lol. So only parasites so far, no payers. Good luck with that. Face it, Obamacare is a total failure. Can't polish that big steamy ****.
    NOLE66 wrote: »
    Riiiiiiiiiigghht, lol. So only parasites so far, no payers. Good luck with that. Face it, Obamacare is a total failure. Can't polish that big steamy ****.

FSU?
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Squid Row wrote: »

So tax credits are now subsidies according to the GOP? I guess I should not be surprised that you are against people keeping more of their money. By the way, my Health insurance continues to be tax free, as it has always been.
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
    Squid Row wrote: »

Squid...it makes no sense for anyone who does not qualify for subsidies to even go to the exchange as they will find better quality and MORE choice in the private market....

If you ain't gonna get something form them why even bother
    I find it strange that there is 1 in 5 signing up for a plan on the exchange without a subsidy....I would think it to be 100%
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    I would be willing to bet the 1 in 5 signing up with no subsidies come from high risk individuals who are big consumers of healthcare.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,903 AG
    I've been trying to sign up all morning and that pesky website is down. Again.
    Warning Level 2
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
    FSU?

No, actually reality.

ACA has managed to sign up the equivalent of the population of the state of Alabama. If that's not failure, I'm not sure what is, lol.
  • Squid...it makes no sense for anyone who does not qualify for subsidies to even go to the exchange as they will find better quality and MORE choice in the private market....

I find it strange that there is 1 in 5 signing up for a plan on the exchange without a subsidy....I would think it to be 100%

Exactly right! many more choices out there right now and Obama care isn't the best unless big Mr. O is gonna split the cost with you.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    The point was to trick the country in order to get the middle class to pay for getting people insured, even if required lying. The majority of people that could afford health insurance or had tax free income from the employer in the form of health insurance were already covered and now are either canceled or cannot afford it anymore .

FIFY :grin
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Today's the deadline.
    Is everyone enjoying their improved health?
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    stsimons wrote: »
    I would be willing to be the 1 in 5 signing up with no subsidies come from high risk individuals who are big consumers of healthcare.

The insurance companies aren't worried, they have "risk corridors" flush with tax payer money.
  • Squid RowSquid Row Posts: 4,133 Officer

Then it's has already failed

OBAMACARE REAL ENROLLMENT: JUST 1.7% OF UNINSURED COVERED

Obamacare, the plan purportedly created to provide health coverage for the uninsured, has enrolled just 1.7% of America's 48.6 million uninsured.

News of the disastrous numbers comes as nervous Democrats and President Barack Obama, ahead of the November midterm elections, did their best on Monday's enrollment deadline to put a positive spin on the deeply unpopular Obamacare program. The latest Associated Press poll finds that Obamacare has now hit an all-time low approval rating of just 26 percent.

The White House now claims an Obamacare enrollment figure of six million people. However, according to The New York Times, at least 20% of those never paid their premiums to activate coverage, leaving them uninsured. That drops the number down to 4.8 million.

CBO: Millions to Remain Uninsured, Pay Mandate Tax Under Obamacare

USA Today reports that an estimated 3 million Americans will find themselves in precisely that position this year - paying a fine because insurance is too expensive - due to the President's health care reform law. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that fines on individuals who do not comply with the mandate will total $52 billion over the next 10 years. The agency recently reported that in 2024, there will be 31 million Americans without insurance. About 45 percent of those - or 14 million people - will have the option to purchase insurance but choose not to do so - due to cost or other factors.
    Squid Row

In most places, just a mile beneath the crust, the earth is several million degrees.

Team Sabatage
    Most places?

Try 18 to 22 miles down before we get to the heat you mentioned, in most places.

Lucky7Team2
  • Squid RowSquid Row Posts: 4,133 Officer
    And

THREE QUARTERS OF ENROLLEES IN OBAMACARE TO SEE PREMIUMS RISE

The Affordable Care Act, which the president promised would reduce the typical American family’s health insurance by $2,500 per year, has in fact raised insurance costs for three-quarters of Obamacare policy holders, according to the CEO of the Cleveland Clinic.
    Squid Row

Team Sabatage
    Most places?

Lucky7Team2
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,638 AG
    Squid...it makes no sense for anyone who does not qualify for subsidies to even go to the exchange as they will find better quality and MORE choice in the private market....

Not necessarily. If they wish to pay more for less deductible then there are options, but the prices will be similar on the exchange or off the exchange for similar converage. But since most people making more than 400% of poverty are working in jobs that provide insurance or already have plans they like that are in compliance, why would they need to shop on there. Unless you qualify for a subsidy, it is easier to deal direct with the insurance company. I get enough advertising from them, so I know they aren't hard to find.

The biggest user of the site will be those in the lower income bracket who did not have insurance before or have a substandard plan. They will go there for the savings offered. The results are not surprising and easily predicted.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer

The same place your insurance subsidy comes from... right out of the tax payers pocket. Jealous you are no longer special?
    stsimons wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet the 1 in 5 signing up with no subsidies come from high risk individuals who are big consumers of healthcare.

Why, unless they are entitled to a subsidy they can buy any place. The exchange is only required if you qualify for a tax credit. It is how they will track who is eligible for the credit at year end. It will also be used for compliance purposes. You know, like someone fibbed about their income to get a subsidy.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,040 AG
    Gee..I thought the point was to get all those young low risk people signed up to fund the latest federal ponzi scheme to benefit the whining baby boomers...guess the next election isn't going to go well....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    I always get a chuckle when I read, or hear, about "government money". The government doesn't make money but rather takes it from those of us do to buy votes with our money. And, I'm not talking about just the ACA but ALL monies such as education, housing, highways ad nauseam.
    Deo Vindice
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    So tax credits are now subsidies according to the GOP? I guess I should not be surprised that you are against people keeping more of their money. By the way, my Health insurance continues to be tax free, as it has always been.

So payments other than maybe your employee paid percentage is tax free? How so?
    Gee..I thought the point was to get all those young low risk people signed up to fund the latest federal ponzi scheme to benefit the whining baby boomers...guess the next election isn't going to go well....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That was the point of the individual mandate built into the law, not necessarily why the website was created.

Mini Mart Magnate

A tax credit may or may not be a subsidy. Tax credits such as EIC and the ACA tax credit are subsidies when they allow a negative tax rate. Meaning you can get more back than you paid in. As long as they stop at zero, they are fine.

Mini Mart Magnate

• seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    A tax credit may or may not be a subsidy. Tax credits such as EIC and the ACA tax credit are subsidies when they allow a negative tax rate. Meaning you can get more back than you paid in. As long as they stop at zero, they are fine.

Yes, a major issue with our tax code.